Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Site Update 9/9 - maintenance complete - please use this thread to report issues.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I preview my post before posting, the text gets crammed over to the right about two words wide... which makes for a very long scroll bar!
    Philadelphia Flyers #1
    Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
    The rest of the 29 teams can KMA!

Comment

Originally posted by iceman42 View Post

This should be fixed, it was a conflict with ShoutBox.
      Awesome. Thanks Iceman!

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
        Hey Ice...when i post using my smart phone, i see weird characters (ie. "*") that show up. Is this an issue with my phone or the website (not sure what you need to know, but i am using Chrome on my Samsung 4). You can see this on the first post on this thread (http://www.orangeandblack.net/philly...t-flyers-blues). If i try to create a new paragraph, i get a bunch of strange characters (i normally delete these by editing my post).
        Are these all copy and pastes from other sites as the one that you provided here?

The short answer is that this looks like it is a character encoding issue -- its common and a lot of these issues are handled in the background of the operating system -- Winblows, Linux, Andriod and iOS. Most common area where these crop up is copying and pasting from Word with those "fancy" double and single quotes -- but also 1 website might handle those characters 1 way while we handle the character another -- but because the one site is fine those characters might not appear or they are long dashes or bullets that when they get pasted in over here they look like Rev had one of his "moments". I think I can add a config setting in the server that might fix the issue going forward but its not a 100% sure as I have to track down what character set that comes from etc. ... Yes yes boring crap. Let me know if its outside of copying and pasting -- if its only on mobile (you could use TapTalk app to post on mobile here) and see if that fixes the issue too.

Comment

Here is what happens when I try to create a paragraph. No copying or pasting (I do sometimes see stage characters with special characters also...like a * or () or ;l.

I'll try using the app (I can see that the weird characters disappear as soon as I enter backspace ).*

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
            Here is what happens when I try to create a paragraph. No copying or pasting (I do sometimes see stage characters with special characters also...like a * or () or ;l.

I'll try using the app (I can see that the weird characters disappear as soon as I enter backspace ).*
            VBulletin does have some issues with their wysiwyg editors in some cases not allowing spaces when replying until you hit the backspace or hit enter so it might be tied to that. the issue is that they have known about the issue for at least a year and dont plan any fixes for it.

Comment

Curious, does this site go down for days for other people too?

Comment

It does for me if I open a bunch of windows of each thread, it doesn't like that for some reason and freezes your account
                Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

I believe the issue is for a few people. There is a security feature where if there are a lot of connections from the same address then it will put a temporary block on that address coming in. I try and check every day to see if blocking anyone that isnt suspicious. I'm usually on there I need to get off my lazy *** and white list some of the addresses.

Comment

I have noticed if I leave a tab open on my computer or if I have a few tabs open to here I get into an issue with getting locked out .. obviously I can easily unlock myself.
                    If anyone wants and finds themselves locked out in the future just text me 484-459-2856, email dan.mccullough@gmail.com or have Rev, Mike or Darcy hit me up on FB.

Comment

Not sure if you have done anything in the past couple days iceman but the site has been loading great for me now!

Comment

Working...
                      X