No announcement yet.

Flyers sign Weise and Gordon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was not familiar with Weiss at all. I searched and found a photo. Well, looks like a nice guy, but would never ever be in GQ magazine. A saw a link for his wife and clicked. The guy is very average, but he is married to a flat out 10. It once again proves my statement that hockey players have the hottest WAGS. Do the search.

Comment

Originally posted by evee1234 View Post
      http://slam.canoe.com/Slam/Hockey/NH.../22648104.html

Best and worst deals. We have one listed in the worst column.
      1. I feel like anyone who puts the Radulov deal in the "best" category is not to be trusted.
      2. When it comes to actual analysis for the Weise deal, this writer is relying on old saws like "The Flyers only think they can win with big forwards". It's also bad because it's multi-year for a bottom six forward. Why is Darren Helm not in the "worst" list?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Jane View Post
        Yeah White to Coyotes. Kinda effectively a swap for Gordon. Man. I don't get the Weise signing. I liked White better. This was an interesting bit:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.habse...client=safari#
        I think the difference between White and Weise might end up being speed. White wasn't terribly fleet of foot and it showed at times. I'd rather have kept White over VdV, but I am assuming that isn't an option.

Comment

Weise is an upgrade but 4 years 2 mil per seems a bit high.But, he could live up to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Jane View Post
            A a guy I really wanted us to try was Joe Colborne. He came on at the end of the year. He can play all through the lineup. And he is young and big. Can't teach 6'5" and solid skills.
            Yeah, 2 x $2.5m seems pretty reasonable for a big guy who can skate and whose offense appears to be coming around.

I might have been tempted to spend the Weise money on Jamie McGinn. He looked good on the Ducks and would have slotted well on our left side.

Brandon Pirri is still out there. A left wing whose career shooting percentage (13.6%) would have put him third of all Flyers with over 100 shots last season.

Smith-Pelly at 2 x $1.3m for the Devils seems strange since they didn't qualify him at $840,000. The guy has always looked like a Flyer to me. Maybe next time.
            What would Fred do?

Comment

Originally posted by Foggy View Post

Yeah, 2 x $2.5m seems pretty reasonable for a big guy who can skate and whose offense appears to be coming around.

I might have been tempted to spend the Weise money on Jamie McGinn. He looked good on the Ducks and would have slotted well on our left side.

Brandon Pirri is still out there. A left wing whose career shooting percentage (13.6%) would have put him third of all Flyers with over 100 shots last season.

Smith-Pelly at 2 x $1.3m for the Devils seems strange since they didn't qualify him at $840,000. The guy has always looked like a Flyer to me. Maybe next time.
              I would like for the Flyers to get Pirri, not at all costs, but would like him with G & V... could be some glee for all of thee!
              Philadelphia Flyers #1
              Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
              The rest of the 28 teams can KMA!

Comment

Yeah. Devante Smith-Pelly and Colborne were two non-qualified guys I would have liked see on a two year deal to round out the bottom lines. I have been high on Colborne for a long time. He finally end great end of last season. May be a mirage, or a sign he's finally putting it together. Power forwards always take longer.

Comment

I like the Wiese signing, but I wish we could've kept White, VanDeVelde is the guy I would've sacrificed.

Comment

I disagree I like VDV more that Ryan white. He is a solid def forward. White is a classic meh. I think VDV provides a lot of speed and energy. I think white was OK, but is not worth bringing back

Comment

I know nothing about weise, but if he makes an appreciable difference in our PK, it will be worth it. imo, the PK was the #1 biggest problem last year. if couts wasnt on the ice i was living in fear.

Comment

Working...
                      X