No announcement yet.

Flyers sign Weise and Gordon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dale weise aka the Dutch Gretzky, that is his nickname. Scored half his goals last year early in the season. 8-10 goals a year would seem realistic.

Comment

I've seen Weise play a lot here in Montreal. When he started scoring goals early last season (most of which were the type of goals guys who crash the net would get), he was playing about 10-12 mins a game and was using his speed to create pressure on defenders. But getting those 8 or so goals in the first 20 or so games seemed to make him change his game. He stopped going hard to the net and seemed to play more a perimeter game (like most Habs players).

Personally, i would have preferred to keep White and pay him for a couple of years at less than half what we will be paying Weise. I don't think Weise's game is more skillful than White's, apart from speed. Also, there is no comparison in the toughness that the two bring to the ice (White brings a light-middle weight toughness to his game...Weise is 100% light weight).

Comment

Originally posted by Pit View Post

1. I feel like anyone who puts the Radulov deal in the "best" category is not to be trusted.
        2. When it comes to actual analysis for the Weise deal, this writer is relying on old saws like "The Flyers only think they can win with big forwards". It's also bad because it's multi-year for a bottom six forward. Why is Darren Helm not in the "worst" list?
        Analysis was pretty spot on when looking back at it.

​​​​​​Weise has been a disappointment, never thought he should have received so many years.

Comment

Working...
        X