Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prospects Thread (AHL, KHL, SHL, CHL, NCAA, etc)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is David Kase's goal from yesterday.

Comment

Sandstrom got goalie of the tournament honors and Vorobyov finished with 10 assists and a goal in the shootout.
      Rubstov will be joining Chicoutimi according to a tweet where he was let out of his KHL contract -- not sure if it was a buyout as it said let out vs buy out or loaned.

Comment

Can we merge this thread with the CHL Prospect Updates thread and keep it a sticky?

Comment

Anyone else as excited for Oskar Lindblom as I am? The kid has now I think top-5 in scoring all time for someone 20 or younger. Look at the company he is keeping:

Kent Nilsson: 53 (75-76)
          Kent Nilsson: 47 (76-77)
          Peter Forsberg: 47 (92-93)
          Henrik Sedin: 47 (99-00)
          Oskar Lindblom 47

He has 1 game left in the SHL season before playoffs I believe. Will be interesting to see if he makes the team out of camp next year.

Comment

Mighty Mite David Kase could also find his way over next year to the Phantoms, his Piráti contract is up and if you believe his dad he would have come over to the CHL after he was drafted.

Comment

Based on how Hakstol handled this year's rookies do you think he's the right guy to bring up the next round of prospects? Would you want to see Lindblom benched or given a chance to work through issues? (Konecny) Would you want to see Sanheim, Morin, or whoever else makes the big team paired with AMac for most of the year? (Provorov)
              Teaching kids was supposed to have been one of the main reasons Hexy hired Hak but a lot of fans don't like the way Hak handled this year's crop of rookies.
              I think the Flyers have too much invested in the next group of rookies to mess up their development.
              So are you comfortable with Dave Hakstol being in charge of developing Sanheim, Hagg, Morin, Myers, Lindblom, and the rest?

Comment

Not to say Hak has been great...But the Hak hate is overblown.

Gost had a huge rookie year last year..
                Provorov has been a phenom this year...
                Konecny has looked good...At times..time
                Weal as well...well..

​​​​​​If anything the kids playing under him have been the strongest point of his tenure..

Some of the gripes make no sense..Who do you play Provorov with if not AMac? Schultz? Streit?

And Konecny has been allowed to play thru issues...But honest folks thinking he'd be a top 6 or even top 9 guy all year have missed how damn near every forward has bounced around for years predating Hak.

I'm worried about goaltending, our veteran forwards underperforming...But those have been u settled issues way longer than Hak has been here

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post
                  Not to say Hak has been great...But the Hak hate is overblown.

Gost had a huge rookie year last year..
                  Provorov has been a phenom this year...
                  Konecny has looked good...At times..time
                  Weal as well...well..

​​​​​​If anything the kids playing under him have been the strongest point of his tenure..

Some of the gripes make no sense..Who do you play Provorov with if not AMac? Schultz? Streit?

And Konecny has been allowed to play thru issues...But honest folks thinking he'd be a top 6 or even top 9 guy all year have missed how damn near every forward has bounced around for years predating Hak.

I'm worried about goaltending, our veteran forwards underperforming...But those have been u settled issues way longer than Hak has been here
                  Yeah I agree. You can spin this conversation both ways. Provorov is playing great hockey under Hak. Ghost came back from his benchings with a fire lit under his ***, and now looks close to how he did last season. Weal has looked awesome and is showcased on the top line. Konecny looked solid prior to his injury. I don't see Hak damaging any of our youth. Like Rev said they have been some of the lone bright spots on this team. Is that because of Hak? Only the players know I guess.

Comment

Here is Tom Dougherty's Future Flyers Report from CSN Philly:

http://www.csnphilly.com/philadelphi...caa-tournament

Comment

Originally posted by Vedder View Post
                      Anyone else as excited for Oskar Lindblom as I am?
                      I am!

Here's a piece from Bill about the SHL semi's where Oskar (and Felix Sandström) were outstanding.

Flyers left wing prospect Oskar Lindblom notched two goals and an assist as Brynäs IF Gävle defeated Frölunda Gothenburg, 3-1, in game seven of the Swedish Hockey League semifinals on Friday. Flyers goalie prospect Felix Sandström turned back 37 of 38 shots to secure his team's trip to the finals.

The series victory for Brynäs was an improbable one. The team seemed dead in the water earlier in the series, getting pummeled 6-1 in game two and 6-3 in game three to trail two games to one and then 4-0 in game five to fall behind three games to two.

In game six on home ice, Lindblom chipped in a pair of assists while Sandström stopped all 32 shots he faced as BIF forced a seventh game in Gothenburg with a 6-0 win. That set the stage for Lindblom's offensive heroics in the deciding game and Sandström's second straight gem in goal in a game in which BIF got outshot by a 38-18 margin.

The SHL finals start on Sunday. BIF will be an underdog against HV71 Jönköping. HV71 is 8-1 so far in the playoffs and was the stingiest team in the league defensively (yielding just 99 goals in 52 games) while posting a 27-14-11 record.

What would Fred do?

Comment

Working...
                      X