Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prospects Thread (AHL, KHL, SHL, CHL, NCAA, etc)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a nice article about Frost...can't wait to see this kid get a real chance to make the Flyers out of camp.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...along-path-nhl

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450
      Here's a nice article about Frost...can't wait to see this kid get a real chance to make the Flyers out of camp.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...along-path-nhl
      Speaking of Frost

He makes his only and likely final visit to St Catharines tomorrow to play the Icedogs

Looking forward to watching him again against a good opponent but not a great goalie ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Please provide your scouting report...its very much appreciated.

Comment

As the title says, "A Conversation About Prospects with Flyers Assistant GM Brent Flahr"
          https://www.crossingbroad.com/2019/0....html#comments

Comment

First period scouting report:
            Effortless skater ... doesnít take him much effort to get to top speed ... unlike Strome who has to work hard to get speed ... heís matched up against Ben Jones one of the better defensive centres in the league (Jones was a seventh round steal by Vegas)...Jones may own him in the faceoff dot as heís one of the best faceoff men in the league and the OHL now tracks faceoff stats so thatís a stat to watch for this game ...

Frost gets a lot of ice time. He runs the number one pp from the half wall on the right side of the zone (Im pretty sure itís the opposite side of the rink than G would normally be but not sure)... he also did some time at the point on the PP. made a sweet cross ice backhand saucer pass on the PP in the first... hit the cross bar on a very quickly released snap/slap shot on the PP ... his release was so quick I didnít notice if it was a slap or snap shot. Also he is on the number one PK unit ... the hounds have the top PK in the league ... first period ended 1-0 Dogs on a great goal by Akil Thomas (second round LAK)... was getting chippy by the end of the first, hoping that continues however I doubt it ... hardly any fights in the NHL and the Soo look like they have one of the smaller teams Iíve seen this year.

Second period scouting report will follow ...

Comment

Comment

Second period update:
                I was slowed down by the delicious poutine that I ate so I canít write too much the third is about to start.

Puck seems to find him a lot ! He gets a lot of touches at even and regular strength ... made some great passes this period but no assists to show for .... two really good chances he created but the shooters couldnít capitalize ... seems to make a lot of passes on his backhand...through two periods Iíve counted only three passes that didnít find the target and heís made a lot of passes ... so I would say ahis passing accuracy is unusually high for this level of play.

I would have to say one negative through two periods is Iíd like to see him with more intensity ... maybe itís because itís not a familiar opponent and or itís the dog days of the OHL schedule and or he has nothing to prove at this level any more ... but he honestly looks like heís not trying hard out there skating wise ... several
                Times non chalantly skates to the bench on line changed during play ... maybe itís just me looking for a negative ...

He was on for a goal against in this period ... end of a shift and Dogs put a fresh line out (Phil Tomasino scoring - remember that name I the draft this year likely a late first round pick) ... Frost was one of the last guys getting back into his own end ... maybe a bit non chalant but it was the end of the shift

4-1 Dogs after two ... they dominated the second period ...

Comment

Comment

Third period update:

Not much to report it was 4-1 Dogs they scored early to make it 5-1 and the rout was on and the game basically over. A very chippy third period which I just love ...

Frost had a great scoring chance I. The third but he either missed the net or flubbed the shot ... couldnít tell from where I was sitting.

Pros:
                    Passing is ridiculously accurate
                    Heís definitely the focal point of creating any offence for his line or the PP unit
                    Unreal how often the puck finds him
                    Great vision, made three really phenomenal passes which didnít result in goals
                    Very adept at passing on his backhand
                    Effortless skating
                    Great ability to find open ice
                    Also plays NO1 PK
                    I donít think he was really hit hard tonight which is surprising considering how much he has the puck, how chippy the game was, and the amount of hits involved tonight

cons:
                    Very little intensity exhibited
                    Non-chalant line changes irked me
                    No physicality whatsoever
                    Didnít really see him go into top gear tonight.

So he had no points tonight and his team was blown out ... but this was a case of being utterly dominated in the road by a very good team.

I expect if Niagara wins one of their next two games this weekend that the Soo may find themselves outside of the CHL top ten.

I wasnít so much as disappointed in him as much as I was disappointed in how utterly outplayed the Soo were ... I was going for a much closer game.

Hope you all enjoyed the updates...

Comment

Awesome job Strohs! While it's a little disappointing to hear about the lazy returns to the bench on line changes, I'm going to assume this was just one of those nights where he and the team just didn't have it.

Comment

Working...
                      X