Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prospects Thread (AHL, KHL, SHL, CHL, NCAA, etc)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iceman42
    started a topic Prospects Thread (AHL, KHL, SHL, CHL, NCAA, etc)

Prospects Thread (AHL, KHL, SHL, CHL, NCAA, etc)

Weekly Prospect Update:
    AHL
    Danick Martel - 26GP 7G 12A 19P +6
    Travis Sanheim - 29GP 4G 10A 14P +6
    Radel Fazleev - 28GP 3G 7A 10 +3
    Cole Bardreau - 25GP 5G 3A 8P +3
    Nicolas Aube-Kubel - 28GP 4G 4A 8P +6
    Samuel Morin - 29GP 2G 3A 5P -2
    Robert Hagg - 23GP 1G 2A 3P +3
    Reece Willcox - 23GP 2G 3A 5P +10
    Alex Lyon - 20GP 13-6-1 2.75GAA .909SV% 1SO

CHL (OHL, QMJHL, & WHL)
    Anthony Salinitri - 32GP 16G 15A 31P -9
    Connor Bunnaman - 30GP 14G 10A 24P -2
    Samuel Dove-McFalls - 31GP 6G 18A 24P +6
    Philippe Myers - 19G 8G 10A 18P +9
    Carsen Twarynski- 29GP 9G 9A 18P -6
    Pascal Laberge - 14P 4G 5A 9P -1
    Carter Hart - 24GP 16-3-4 1.85GAA .928SV% 4SO

Czech Extraliga
    David Kase - 16GP 3G 4A 7P -1

KHL
    Mikhail Vorobyov - 36GP 3G 7A 10P +2
    German Rubtsov - 15GP 0G 0A 0P -4
    Ivan Fedotov - 5GP 3-2-0
    2.01GAA .928SV% 0SO (VHL)

NCAA
    Tanner Laczynski - 15GP 6G 16A 22P +15
    Wade Allison - 16GP 9G 5A 14P +2
    Mark Friedman - 21GP 5G 10A 15P +2
    Terrance Amorosa - 10GP 1G 3A 4P +1
    David Drake - 13GP 2G 1A 3P +1
    Merrick Madsen - 11GP 8-2-1 2.27GAA .912SV% 1SO
    Cooper Marody - DNP
    Matej Tomek - DNP

SHL
    Oskar Lindblom - 28GP 8G 18A 26P +12
    David Bernhardt - 21GP 2G 5A 7P +4
    Linus Hogberg - 27GP 0G 4A 4P -1
    Felix Sandstrom - 11GP 9-2-0 2.00GAA .919SV% 2SO

• lynchmob450
    replied
    Originally posted by AIK1891 View Post
    As the title says, "A Conversation About Prospects with Flyers Assistant GM Brent Flahr"
    https://www.crossingbroad.com/2019/0....html#comments
    Really enjoyed reading this article.

Leave a comment:

• Strohs72
    replied
    Originally posted by lynchmob450
    Awesome job Strohs! While it's a little disappointing to hear about the lazy returns to the bench on line changes, I'm going to assume this was just one of those nights where he and the team just didn't have it.
    Yup

Thus the problem with only seeing a player play once in a season ... thatís all you are left with ... it makes an impression ... so ya although that was disappointing Iím trying not to dwell on it much ... the frustration by the Greyhounds was clearly evident that night ... a lot of cheap slashing, stick slamming, door slamming, throughout the night. His passing, creativity with the puck, and effortless skating all really stood out for me and all were big positives.

On a funny note

When I parked my car before the game I parked behind a car with Pennsylvania license plates. So I thought to myself wow that must be some die hard Philly fan, coming up here I. This weather to watch Frost play. Impressive.

During the second intermission they announced that there was a couple of 15 year old prospects eligible for the 2019 OHL Draft, from the ďPittsburgh Elite PenguinsĒ in attendance at the game ... which likely explained the reason the car with the Pennsylvania plates ...

My mood instantly turned sour.

LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• AIK1891
    replied
    Checking the standings over in the AllSweden division this morning (AIK on top!), Ersson's season really is remaining astoundingly great over the long haul, far from any slow down coming back from the IIHF U20.
    http://stats.swehockey.se/Players/St...oaliesSVS/9168

After a shutout in his last start, he's not just leading his division in GAA, SV%, Wins, and Win%, but making his goaltending teammates look very common with their below average stats. (Oh, and for reference, those 2-3 ranked goalies in the division both play for the division's top stingiest defensive-minded team)

No doubt he's going to be with an SHL team next year, but I have to start considering that it's possible that the SHL team could be his current VšsterŚs should he actually manage to lead them through to promotion. (That would be a long path against tough odds through the maze that is the current promotion/relegation playoffs).

Leave a comment:

• lynchmob450
    replied
    Awesome job Strohs! While it's a little disappointing to hear about the lazy returns to the bench on line changes, I'm going to assume this was just one of those nights where he and the team just didn't have it.

Leave a comment:

• Strohs72
    replied
    Third period update:

Not much to report it was 4-1 Dogs they scored early to make it 5-1 and the rout was on and the game basically over. A very chippy third period which I just love ...

Frost had a great scoring chance I. The third but he either missed the net or flubbed the shot ... couldnít tell from where I was sitting.

Pros:
    Passing is ridiculously accurate
    Heís definitely the focal point of creating any offence for his line or the PP unit
    Unreal how often the puck finds him
    Great vision, made three really phenomenal passes which didnít result in goals
    Very adept at passing on his backhand
    Effortless skating
    Great ability to find open ice
    Also plays NO1 PK
    I donít think he was really hit hard tonight which is surprising considering how much he has the puck, how chippy the game was, and the amount of hits involved tonight

cons:
    Very little intensity exhibited
    Non-chalant line changes irked me
    No physicality whatsoever
    Didnít really see him go into top gear tonight.

So he had no points tonight and his team was blown out ... but this was a case of being utterly dominated in the road by a very good team.

I expect if Niagara wins one of their next two games this weekend that the Soo may find themselves outside of the CHL top ten.

I wasnít so much as disappointed in him as much as I was disappointed in how utterly outplayed the Soo were ... I was going for a much closer game.

Hope you all enjoyed the updates...

Leave a comment:

• Strohs72
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Strohs72
    replied
    Second period update:
    I was slowed down by the delicious poutine that I ate so I canít write too much the third is about to start.

Puck seems to find him a lot ! He gets a lot of touches at even and regular strength ... made some great passes this period but no assists to show for .... two really good chances he created but the shooters couldnít capitalize ... seems to make a lot of passes on his backhand...through two periods Iíve counted only three passes that didnít find the target and heís made a lot of passes ... so I would say ahis passing accuracy is unusually high for this level of play.

I would have to say one negative through two periods is Iíd like to see him with more intensity ... maybe itís because itís not a familiar opponent and or itís the dog days of the OHL schedule and or he has nothing to prove at this level any more ... but he honestly looks like heís not trying hard out there skating wise ... several
    Times non chalantly skates to the bench on line changed during play ... maybe itís just me looking for a negative ...

He was on for a goal against in this period ... end of a shift and Dogs put a fresh line out (Phil Tomasino scoring - remember that name I the draft this year likely a late first round pick) ... Frost was one of the last guys getting back into his own end ... maybe a bit non chalant but it was the end of the shift

4-1 Dogs after two ... they dominated the second period ...

Leave a comment:

• Strohs72
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Strohs72
    replied
    First period scouting report:
    Effortless skater ... doesnít take him much effort to get to top speed ... unlike Strome who has to work hard to get speed ... heís matched up against Ben Jones one of the better defensive centres in the league (Jones was a seventh round steal by Vegas)...Jones may own him in the faceoff dot as heís one of the best faceoff men in the league and the OHL now tracks faceoff stats so thatís a stat to watch for this game ...

Frost gets a lot of ice time. He runs the number one pp from the half wall on the right side of the zone (Im pretty sure itís the opposite side of the rink than G would normally be but not sure)... he also did some time at the point on the PP. made a sweet cross ice backhand saucer pass on the PP in the first... hit the cross bar on a very quickly released snap/slap shot on the PP ... his release was so quick I didnít notice if it was a slap or snap shot. Also he is on the number one PK unit ... the hounds have the top PK in the league ... first period ended 1-0 Dogs on a great goal by Akil Thomas (second round LAK)... was getting chippy by the end of the first, hoping that continues however I doubt it ... hardly any fights in the NHL and the Soo look like they have one of the smaller teams Iíve seen this year.

Second period scouting report will follow ...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X