No announcement yet.

GDT: Flyers @ Blues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with ya...going into this year for me was more about seeing Provorov and Konecny (and any other kid that gets a chance). Any success was looked at as bonus.
    Last edited by lynchmob450; 12-30-2016, 01:25 PM.

Comment

the more and more Weiss plays the more and more he shows what a mistake it was that Hextall signed him..You would think if nothing else he could win puck battles..but Raffl and even Cousins seem more capable than him at this...and when he passes, 9 of 10 passes end up as turnovers....

personally I think Laughton would bring more to his line than Weiss does.

Comment

Originally posted by swami24 View Post
        I like IceHokie's comment. What were everyone's expectations from the start of the season? Mine for this year and next are building to 2019. Winning is gravy now. The guys everyone is complaining about may not be around then, but they are serving their roles. This lineup will have to play way over their heads to challenge deep. Let's just enjoy when they play well, and the young guys show promise
        For the record I was against the Wiese signing from the getgo, I was hoping I was wrong about him, but so far I'm not. All of his supporters said we were going to like his offensive upside (wonder where that went?), White was more energetic, played harder, and fulfilled more roles than Wiese. I love what Hextall has done with the team, but he missed the boat big time on Wiese. Even Leier is more aggressive as a puck hound. I'm not expecting a Stanley Cup, I do expect to make the playoffs though. Hakstol has benched far better players (ie; Ghost and MDZ), he needs to have Wiese sit in the stands for a couple of nights.
        Last edited by alxhj; 12-30-2016, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alxhj View Post

For the record I was against the Wiese signing from the getgo, I was hoping I was wrong about him, but so far I'm not. All of his supporters said we were going to like his offensive upside (wonder where that went?), White was more energetic, played harder, and fulfilled more roles than Wiese. I love what Hextall has done with the team, but he missed the boat big time on Wiese. Even Leier is more aggressive as a puck hound.
          Totally agree on Weise. He just doesn't bring much to the table in any way, not even his supposed physical side. Simmonds is still doing most of that even though he's our top goal scorer. I'd be scratching Weise if I were Hakstol. When fully healthy, I'd like to see the following lines:

Schenn-Giroux-Voracek
          Simmonds-Couturier-Konecny
          Raffl-Cousins-Leier
          Read-Bellemare-Lyubimov

Scratches - Vandevelde, Weise, Gordon

Yes, I know Hakstol won't bench Vandevelde but this is what I'd like to see. Keep the younger players in the lineup, get Schenn back on the wing and have two legit scoring lines. You can always shuffle some players around if the chemistry isn't there, of course. There are options with this group of forwards.
          Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

Originally posted by alxhj View Post
            For the record I was against the Wiese signing from the getgo, I was hoping I was wrong about him, but so far I'm not. All of his supporters said we were going to like his offensive upside (wonder where that went?), White was more energetic, played harder, and fulfilled more roles than Wiese. I love what Hextall has done with the team, but he missed the boat big time on Wiese. Even Leier is more aggressive as a puck hound. I'm not expecting a Stanley Cup, I do expect to make the playoffs though. Hakstol has benched far better players (ie; Ghost and MDZ), he needs to have Wiese sit in the stands for a couple of nights.
            The Weise signing was a swing and a miss for Hexy. One of the few that he has had. No one was competing with the Flyers for Weise. To give him the $$ plus term was a mistake, especially when White wanted to stay in Philly and would have accepted half the $$ and term.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post

The Weise signing was a swing and a miss for Hexy. One of the few that he has had. No one was competing with the Flyers for Weise. To give him the $$ plus term was a mistake, especially when White wanted to stay in Philly and would have accepted half the $$ and term.

At this point, the Weise signing has been a complete and utter failure! Not signing White and giving almost three times the money to Weise is extremely perplexing to me. Weise has been as invisible on the ice as any Flyer I can ever remember in the history of the organization! White knew his role and even chipped in with some goals here and there as a fourth liner. He killed penalties and brought the toughness element without being a liability, which now that falls on Simmonds, which is not the ideal scenario. White must have done something that lead to Hexy and/or Hakstol to not want him back.

I know this is a real long shot, but let's hope a playoff team sees something in Weise that we don't and Hexy can trade him for an 8th round draft pick...LOL
              Last edited by behn3; 12-30-2016, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IceHokie View Post
                Crickets when we win, sky is falling when we lose. Never change O&B.
                Except, when people voice concerns while the team is winning...they get blown off...because "WINNING!"

..and when they voice concerns while the team is losing...they get called chicken littles

Something do never change...the stepford that runs deep in the blood of a lot of Philly fans (for any of the big 4)

If you didn;t see problems during the streak, and dont see them now...so be it....there's always next year..

...it's a great business motto for a pro sports franchise..

Comment

I would love for Wiese to turn it around and make the haters look foolish. However, I am not seeing it right now. Hopefully eventually we see the Montreal version instead of the Hawks version of Wiese.
                  Philadelphia Flyers #1
                  Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
                  The rest of the 29 teams can KMA!

Comment

I watched him play up here in Montreal. He wasn't as good as his goals showed him to be. He was extremely opportunistic with many of his goals before drying up on his luck. When he was lucky, often it was due to going into the dirty areas. Then he got double digit goals and started to believe he was a 30 goal scorer and stopped grinsing for goals and staying out on the perimeter.

Comment

On the other hand Lyubimov was an excellent signing. He's everything in terms of going to dirty areas and playing physically, that Wiese isn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X