No announcement yet.

sorry but we need to gut this team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• agree we need to sell, sell,sell at the deadline....and since the draft is weak this year, I would sell for picks in 2018 if picks are involved

Comment

• After watching the last couple of games I would be in favour of trading anyone if it makes the team better long term. Giroux to Montreal? lol. Really, this team has no identity or drive to win. We lack too many key pieces and should continue the rebuild.
      Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

• Originally posted by evee1234 View Post
        After watching the last couple of games I would be in favour of trading anyone if it makes the team better long term. Giroux to Montreal? lol. Really, this team has no identity or drive to win. We lack too many key pieces and should continue the rebuild.
        Agree 100%...Hexy's MO is patience to let the young guys develop, so I'm all for getting value NOW for Giroux and anyone else on the roster not named Provorov and Simmonds, while the young defense is taking the necessary developmental steps in Lehigh Valley!

Comment

After watching the last couple of games I would be in favour of trading anyone if it makes the team better long term. Giroux to Montreal? lol. Really, this team has no identity or drive to win. We lack too many key pieces and should continue the rebuild.
          I'll tell you what...if you truly want to get max value on G, you definitely go to the Habs right now. Julien/Bergevin know what type of player he is up close from the World Cup. Being a Francaphone helps the sales job. Habs PP would enjoy having G setting up Weber for bombs and Pacioretty for snipes. I wonder if we could pull Galchenyuk from them in such a deal? They'd still have a major issue looking for a #2C. Maybe package G with Couts to really French it up...but what would the return be.

Comment

• Sergachev, Beaulieu and Galchenyuk for G and Coots Quite frankly, I think trading G now pays the highest rewards in our rebuild. He's going to be too old when the young D core fully matures anyway, Montreal would jump at a guy like him and probably overpay for a run now.
            Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

• I'm not in favor of trading G, but would trade Coots in a second.

Comment

Sergachev, Beaulieu and Galchenyuk for G and Coots Quite frankly, I think trading G now pays the highest rewards in our rebuild. He's going to be too old when the young D core fully matures anyway, Montreal would jump at a guy like him and probably overpay for a run now.
                Get Montreal to throw in a 2018 first rounder.

Pick Benoit Olivier Groulx.

Give him #28.

Most fans won't notice that G is gone.
                What would Fred do?

Comment

• Could the Sens be another good landing spot for G? I know that someone mentioned Ryan...but he's signed for another 5 years at 7.25. That could be a worse contract than AMac. So how about a deal where we got back Brassard (3 more years @ 5) and a Colin White maybe along with another few prospects/pucks)?

Comment

• The Mrs and I were talking about this team, and their pussification. Her response was perfect. "They need a Rod Brind'amour talking to." Yup need a real captain. Of course 17 is her favorite all time player.

Comment

• I have argued that trading G makes sense if we can get skill and youth at forward. i still believe that.

however on an emotional level i love the guy and it would suck to not see him be a flyer for life. BUT, if we did trade him, moving him to Montreal would make me feel as good as possible. i assume that would be a fun environment for him, he's got possibly the best 1D and 1G in the league, and he prolly wouldn't have to be the captain and face the media scrutiny.

looking at the cap situation tho i dunno if it makes sense for them? they'd prolly have to offload plekanec to make it work.

as a basic framework: plekanec, galchenyuk + FOR giroux +

Comment

Working...
                      X