sorry but we need to gut this team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post
    oshie is 30. totally the wrong move for this team. any UFA is probably the wrong move.

we need to just keep drafting, unless someone is going to trade us a mcdavid. goal scorers arent restricted to the first 10 picks. sucks cuz 'retooling' slows down the rebuilding process but its really the only way.
    not just drafting, but i would add that we need to look at those that are doing the drafting as well...imo this more so than the brain trust is where we need a fresh persepctive..maybe we can get BIll Bellichik to run OUR drafts! :-)

Comment

• I don;t get this whole movement in the fanbase...

The Flyers needed desperately to focus on drafting and developing D and goalies and went about doing so...

There has never been a shortage of capable goal scorers and defensive forwards circling about the availibility pool in the NHL...

Now all the suddent the problem is not drafting Forwads?!?

Stop. The problem, for the better part of a decade, has been failure to develop dmen and goalies..who are far more expensive on the markets..

The Flyers finally have depth in both positions...depth that will allow them to trade from it and pursue top end forward talent..and people want to gripe...

Comment

• I think fans, like me, believe that good drafting goes like this :

1. Draft greatest need with our first pick.
        2. Draft the opposite position that we just chose. If the last pick was O, then we should pick a D and vice versa.
        3. Continue with the pattern of best available then the opposite with the next pick until we get to a goalie that is amazing and we can't believe he is still on the board.

If the drafting went like this, we'd always have a supply of D and O ready to make the jump plus maybe a goalie too.

Instead, we drafted no good D and then Hexy had to over draft D which left us short on talented O, so now he has to over draft O to make up for the lack of it.

This cycle is hard to break unless we get lucky and have a 3rd or 4th rounder turn into a franchise player.... Which hardly ever happens.

​​​​​​I think that's why the fan base is now shouting for us to draft pure O players since we didn't in the past and are now STARVED for it.
        "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

• man this SUCKS!! not having a vested interest in the Play offs!!

was curious about something too..now that a few years have passed..anybody know the real story as to why we traded Bob away?

given Mason's recent selfish comments I'm wondering if that had something to do with it.....
          Last edited by flyerdog; 04-20-2017, 06:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyerdog View Post
            man this SUCKS!! not having a vested interest in the Play offs!!

was curious about something too..now that a few years have passed..anybody know the real story as to why we traded Bob away?

given Mason's recent selfish comments I'm wondering if that had something to do with it.....
            I will have to look up the article...but per an Ed Snider quote...

Bob was traded because he told the front office he wouldn't be a back-up again...

..given the circus he was put through, that's pretty understandable IMO...

meanwhile...Mason starts 2/3 of the season and complains about not being the #1...

Comment

• Is Columbus D that bad or is Bob having problems this playoffs? I haven't seen a second of that series.

Comment

Not sure what you mean as Bob and Mason weren't on the roster together here, so it's not like Mason could've been selfish with Bobrovsky.

Bob apparently told management he didn't want to stay and be back-up to Bryzgalov after the first year of them splitting. I mean, can't really blame him. Bryz was signed for 8 more years at the time we traded Bobrovsky, so he wasn't going to become the starter at that point.

Comment

I have a vested interest. GO not Rangers, Pens.and Leafs. Once they are out.... meh.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsl135 View Post

Not sure what you mean as Bob and Mason weren't on the roster together here, so it's not like Mason could've been selfish with Bobrovsky.

Bob apparently told management he didn't want to stay and be back-up to Bryzgalov after the first year of them splitting. I mean, can't really blame him. Bryz was signed for 8 more years at the time we traded Bobrovsky, so he wasn't going to become the starter at that point.
                    you're right...but given that Mason seems to implode when he has true competition, my guess is that he would not have dealt well with Bob as a team mate...so in essence, Bryz really cost us Bob..........that sucks too!!!!

Comment

• I chirped Hexy recently about some moves, like picking up Filppula's expensive NMC contract at the deadline. But I want to give him credit on a move that was criticized at the time, but is really coming into focus; namely Hartnell for Umberger.

Craig Custance, at ESPN, has a piece about Jarmo Kekalainen's threefold dilemma with Hartnell. His production no longer justifies his cap hit. He has to be protected in the expansion draft, which raises the odds that the Jackets will lose a useful roster player to Las Vegas. Also, his deal runs for two more seasons.

I'm really glad Hexy off-loaded that problem contract when he had the chance.
                      What would Fred do?

Comment

Working...
                      X