sorry but we need to gut this team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Foggy View Post
    I chirped Hexy recently about some moves, like picking up Filppula's expensive NMC contract at the deadline. But I want to give him credit on a move that was criticized at the time, but is really coming into focus; namely Hartnell for Umberger.

Craig Custance, at ESPN, has a piece about Jarmo Kekalainen's threefold dilemma with Hartnell. His production no longer justifies his cap hit. He has to be protected in the expansion draft, which raises the odds that the Jackets will lose a useful roster player to Las Vegas. Also, his deal runs for two more seasons.

I'm really glad Hexy off-loaded that problem contract when he had the chance.
    We still could have and should have gotten more for him. Umberger was almost as big of a millstone and didnt provide ANYTHING on the ice. Hartnell had 2 solid seasons for the jackets.

Comment

• Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post

We still could have and should have gotten more for him. Umberger was almost as big of a millstone and didnt provide ANYTHING on the ice. Hartnell had 2 solid seasons for the jackets.
      I'll take the "loss" on Hartnell..

...when you look at some of the wins this team has posted in trade in the last 7 years...a "loss" like Hartnell/Umberger is bearable..

Comment

Maybe, but would Jarmo trade Hartnell, and his $4.75m NMC deal for the next two years, for a $1.5m cap hit next season and the ability to protect another player in the expansion draft?

You bet he would.
        What would Fred do?

Comment

When you're dealing with NTCs, beggars can't be choosers.

Comment

I have nothing to add; I just wanted to keep the quote-train going....
            "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

perhaps..but keep in mind..Hartsy has a NMC..so in the end it had to be some where he would ok to go to...and you weren't gonna get much for a guy that can say where and when.,.that was 33 and often a penalty waiting to happen

Comment

• Originally posted by smkruzik View Post

I have nothing to add; I just wanted to keep the quote-train going....
                Agree 100%
                "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Working...
                X