sorry but we need to gut this team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by irvdog View Post
    i have been busy for two months now and not paying too much attention to the flyers....following along here and there.-reading a bit, catching highlights..but not watching games much...so i get a night i can watch and this is the sh!t i have to see? scorched retinas...gawd.
    Welcome back, Irv.

We can handle watching crap like that, but jeez Flyers, think about the children!
    What would Fred do?

Comment

Originally posted by irvdog View Post
      mcdonalds hockey iq is about 9
      LOL. Are you sure it's not a 7, 8, or even a 10? I think it's probably lower.

Comment

Lol, a "top pairing" defender with a hockey IQ of between 7 and 10.

Ghost to be healthy-scratched for the third time this season.

Stange days, indeed.
        What would Fred do?

Comment

We should have been sellers LAST year. We are still building. It takes a while. One bad playoff series last year brought us what exactly? We always seem to screw ourselves over by going on a late season run. I think we were in a position to draft Nurse and we decided to go on a meaningless run one year. Yeah we won games, but long term thinking it cost us in the draft. We are not a contender yet, wont be until the kids are in place and have experience and that means guys like Morin, Sanhiem, Myers, etc. Move both goalies, try to get something decent for Striet, Read and Del Zotto, send a pick with AMAC to get rid of that contract. There are teams with needs we can fill. I just hope we don't pull a Bobby style move to make it in.
          Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by evee1234 View Post
            We should have been sellers LAST year. We are still building. It takes a while. One bad playoff series last year brought us what exactly? We always seem to screw ourselves over by going on a late season run. I think we were in a position to draft Nurse and we decided to go on a meaningless run one year. Yeah we won games, but long term thinking it cost us in the draft. We are not a contender yet, wont be until the kids are in place and have experience and that means guys like Morin, Sanhiem, Myers, etc. Move both goalies, try to get something decent for Striet, Read and Del Zotto, send a pick with AMAC to get rid of that contract. There are teams with needs we can fill. I just hope we don't pull a Bobby style move to make it in.
            exactly...some what...i think we are just retooling..but building a stockpile..at some point this needs to move into actual rebuild..not retool

Comment

There are some pretty good pieces in place already with this team. Trouble for the near future is the defense is weak but stacked in prospects (very good ones), we can move an asset here to address a forward need too. Guys like Del Zotto and more notably Streit can get a decent return at the deadline. I think we can get something for the goalies at the deadline too, anything would be a good return. Go with our young guys and maybe pick up a vet on a one year deal if need be. There is a chance to add some more long term youth to this core at this years draft and we could remake the defense with the right approach to the expansion draft. Get them to take AMac lol.
              Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

bump......

did everyone else realize the game was over when they looked so inept on a five minute major?

Comment

Originally posted by flyerdog View Post
                  bump......

did everyone else realize the game was over when they looked so inept on a five minute major?
                  With a 5 on 3 in the middle to boot.

PP2 looked better than PP1 and PP2 is a flaming pile of dog poo.

Comment

This team is sorely in need of guys who can finish on the scoring side.

Comment

Originally posted by alxhj View Post
                      This team is sorely in need of guys who can finish on the scoring side.
                      If they ever remembered how to pass to get people in scoring position, they would need scorers but they're not even doing that. Throw it through coverage, poor communication, not opening up the ice...just ugh.

Comment

Working...
                      X