My Giroux/Top 6 Ramble

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hexy's Axe View Post
    This summer was my first summer not working out.
    I have no problems with the idea of Giroux (or Gost) being injured, being slow from injury...

My problem comes with how expectations for the team change/grow...I think expectations have to shrink not grow...

..the idea of 'everyone else stepping up' is a bit silly, your 3rd line center is suddenly going to be a top end center?!

And then you look at players like Jake and Schenn, and you think..man they need to do more..but are they in a position to do more if Giroux is not close to 100% or are they pulled back?

And then it goes to..well maybe if G isn;t 100% he should play a reduced role..which then goes back to maybe working lines that are out of the box..

Is a line of Cousins - Schenn - Simmonds all at 100% going to give you more? Than a line centered by a slowed up Giroux?

So I fully support the idea of injury...I just think it needs to be viewed as bigger than an individual issue...

Comment

Couturier, below, represents quite a bit of Giroux's defensive play....but little offensively...as Giroux potentially levels off, is there room for both of these players?
      If it's a choice between the two, even at the cap hit, I go with Giroux. Yes, I am very biased. But, I can agree that maybe we need to look at a #1A Center, and move Claude down to #2. Right now, the only one on the market that can fill that void is Duchene, and his defensive play is horrible. I'm not sure what kind of package (I know it would be steep) it would take to get both Duchene and Landeskog, but I personally would like both. Landeskog brings a good amount of grittiness and size that we're lacking, and has shown he can score too.

Comment

Originally posted by alxhj View Post

If it's a choice between the two, even at the cap hit, I go with Giroux. Yes, I am very biased. But, I can agree that maybe we need to look at a #1A Center, and move Claude down to #2. Right now, the only one on the market that can fill that void is Duchene, and his defensive play is horrible. I'm not sure what kind of package (I know it would be steep) it would take to get both Duchene and Landeskog, but I personally would like both. Landeskog brings a good amount of grittiness and size that we're lacking, and has shown he can score too.
        While Duchene is the pretty name..i do not think he is the answer...he is basically the same size as G...a touch heavier and just 3 years younger..not old but not much of a change needed in a 1C or even #2...getting the legit 6 foot+ young #1 is going to be probably next to impossible sadly even if giving up something big in return...a Barkov..Bennett..Lindholm...guys along those lines would be fantastic..but just..unattainable ..

there could be some decent youngish centers at UFA..but i would be they all get re-signed

Comment

*cough* http://www.nhltradetracker.com/user/.../Johansen,Ryan *cough*

In a year or two this team could have a dman or two that will be expendable that we could move for a big, young 1st line center.

Comment

Is Ottowa a potential trade partner? Brown and White are both intriguing prospects.

Comment

Working...
            X