• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Flyers @ Caps

7:30 ET

Manning back.
    Konecny a maybe.

Will Mason keep up the recent results?
    Does Filppula still have that new car smell?

This game could be an early look at a possible first round playoff matchup. Plus the last two games vs the Caps have not gone well, so Flyers might show up with an edge to them.

Originally posted by dogzus View Post
    7:30 ET

Manning back.
    Konecny a maybe.

Will Mason keep up the recent results?
    Does Filppula still have that new car smell?

This game could be an early look at a possible first round playoff matchup. Plus the last two games vs the Caps have not gone well, so Flyers might show up with an edge to them.
    The flyers don't have an edge that allows them to compete with the caps. We get beat by them b/c they are the gold standard and we are the aluminum std. Dont expect anytjing more than a somewhat valiant effort for a short portion of the game. We suck. Plain and simple. No playoffs for this team.

Comment

Watching the Caps throw their weight around, at will, is really annoying. The fact that this team is the softest Flyers team in a LONG time is nauseating!

Comment

Originally posted by irvdog View Post

The flyers don't have an edge that allows them to compete with the caps. We get beat by them b/c they are the gold standard and we are the aluminum std. Dont expect anytjing more than a somewhat valiant effort for a short portion of the game. We suck. Plain and simple. No playoffs for this team.
        What happened?

Comment

That was a totally cromulent game.

Enjoyed a hoagie and a couple of beers. Was entertained for about 64 minutes of game play and took consolation in a loser point on the road in the home barn of the team with the best record.

In the "too bad" category: looking good on a few of the six power plays, but not getting any goals. Then the eventual game winner in OT on a sort of weak but very unnecessary penalty by Del Zotto.

Filppula has been interesting to watch on the PP and five on five. G looked like he was putting in more effort tonight than in quite a while. I can't help but think these two things are related.

My middle brother went to Loyola University and married a girl from near DC. He's lived there ever since and raised his kids to be Caps fans. I've had to learn to set Do Not Disturb on my phone before Flyers/Caps games as he is my only family/friend who doesn't get the whole NO SPOILERS thing. Everyone else knows I DVR the game and watch them after they are over. Do Not Disturb was a good call tonight as brother and nephews were at the game.

Last Positive Patrol comment for the night - the rest of the schedule is packed together with mostly every other night or three in four. That's what it was like when they went on the ten game win streak.

Comment

Bad beat in OT.

0-6 on the PP? No bueno.

Mase had some terrific saves and shouldn't be faulted for the loss when we only scored once, but the long distance goal by Orlov has to be stopped.

What would Fred do?

Comment

Here are my favourite GIFs from yesterday's game (courtesy of Sons of Penn):

Comment

Mase wasn't why we lost..though i am not sure what happened with the first goal against...we just have no offense now lol

Comment

Originally posted by M13 View Post
                  Mase wasn't why we lost..though i am not sure what happened with the first goal against...we just have no offense now lol
                  Looking at this, i'm assuming that it touched Gudas' stick and had a little knuckle ball action to it.

Comment

Working...
                  X