No announcement yet.

Coyotes saga is on once again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the Governments kicked in at the municipal and provincial levels for the new arena in Edmonton. There are some subsidies in place. But the entire Ice Plaza concept is an entertainment district so there is far more being built than just an arena.
    Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
      Up here in Canada...you won't get a cent from governments to build an arena. It needs to be privately built...so getting Winnipeg to build a new arena will need current ownership to dig into their own pockets. Most of these billionaires that I know don't like spending their own money when they have an arena to use that is really costing them nada.
      If there's as much money as you claim to be made, why would ownership hesitate?

Or maybe you see the point but don't want to admit to it. There are few markets in the NHL that aren't risks..It's fun to talk about how many more tickets and how much more expensive they'd they'd be but truth is it's a risk lots of people don't want to bank on for a reason...

I think Foggy did a good job in his post...

Comment

Rev, not to nitpick but only two teams have been in the NHL for 100 years. Montreal and Toronto. There were 4 teams at inception, including Ottawa and a 2nd team in Montreal. It wasn't until 1924 that the bruins joined. There were a handful of other teams that came and went but wasn't until 1942 for what is considered the original six. So somewhat of a myth.

Comment

Originally posted by CLJ View Post
          Rev, not to nitpick but only two teams have been in the NHL for 100 years. Montreal and Toronto. There were 4 teams at inception, including Ottawa and a 2nd team in Montreal. It wasn't until 1924 that the bruins joined. There were a handful of other teams that came and went but wasn't until 1942 for what is considered the original six. So somewhat of a myth.
          No, no you should definitely pick the nit...very true stuff. I was posting from work and running fast and loose.

Underlying point however remains true...and 75 years of the O6 more than sufficient proof.

Comment

Working...
          X