Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Flyers vs Blue Jackets

7:00 ET

Worst case scenario: Hartnell with a hat trick. Bob with a shutout.

Best case scenario: Hartnell with a couple dumb minor penalties. Mason plays out of his mind.

This could be a tough week for the faithful.

Just enjoy the game and our team. Hard to say that as there no hope, but since I never expected anything from the team this year, it has been my stance from the start. It will be a great night if they beat the pens on Wed, and that is all I can say.

Comment

The season, so far:

What would Fred do?

Comment

Looks like I forgot another former Flyer that could bite us. Gagner.

And yeah, taking it game by game and enjoying it as long as they are in a given match with a chance to win.

Comment

Originally posted by swami24 View Post
          Just enjoy the game and our team. Hard to say that as there no hope, but since I never expected anything from the team this year, it has been my stance from the start. It will be a great night if they beat the pens on Wed, and that is all I can say.
          With you 100%.

Comment

What bothers me more than the obvious lack of skill, is the way our guys get manhandled physically by everyone. That's what's embarrassing to me in light of our storied past for being an always tough team. Konecny does provide some hope for the future though, he's got skills and he's an aggravating (in a good way) player. How in the hell does Gudas ,of all people, let Hartnell plant himself in front of our goalie without even trying to move him? That kind of crap disgusts me. The Flyers have finally totally capitulated to the NHL.

Comment

Somebody should show this to Jake:

Jake has good puck handling skills, but he needs to use them to get into position for higher quality shots. And he needs to be coached on better shot selection.

Last night, two of our goals against Bob were corner shots to the top of the net and one was mid-high below his arm. That's where he gives up most of his goals. Trying to beat him low is playing to his strength.

When we were down 4-3 in the third, the Flyers were pressing and Jake had a wonderful opportunity from between the hash marks. Where did he shoot? He went five hole. Bob did his thing, the Blue Jackets cleared and that was the end of a promising shift.
              What would Fred do?

Comment

Don't even get me started on Jake

Comment

And there is the problem with this team...not enough pure shooters.

Comment

no shooters..not enough talent..but according to pretty much the entire cast over at HF..its totally Hak's fault

Comment

Working...
                    X