Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IceHokie View Post
    Not if it means the Devils get #1.

Also what are the rules on determining how Vegas picks?
    Vegas gets the same odds as the team with the third worst record. At first I thought they got the #3 pick regardless, but they just get the odds.

I'd take letting NJ have #1 (slightly lucky break) if the Flyers got to move up to #3 (huge lucky break). NJ will probably get a pretty high pick regardless.

Comment

Button just out with a top 15 mock:

http://www.tsn.ca/patrick-goes-no-1-...draft-1.720569

He has us taking a big center/left wing, Tri-City's Michael Rasmussen.

Not too sure he'll be there at #13. Some of the talking heads have him ranked as a mid-first round guy, but McKenzie's scouts and ISS have him at #7. McKeen's has him all the way up at #3. We'll see.
      What would Fred do?

Comment

These aren't all up to date, but this compiles various credible rankings: http://www.mynhldraft.com/2017-draft...draft-rankings

There are twenty different players who are ranked tenth through fifteenth (and 15 of them are forwards), which means the Flyers could well get a player they though should go much earlier or they could get stuck with players they don't love.

I'm hoping for a sniper, something currently lacking in the system and on the team. I read thats Tolvanen or Tippett.
        "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

How about Martin Necas?

Comment

Rasmussen doesn't seem to have the hockey IQ to be a Hextall pick in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Pit View Post
              Rasmussen doesn't seem to have the hockey IQ to be a Hextall pick in my opinion.
              My question would be, "would hexy have drafted Lucic?"

Comment

Originally posted by toothless joe View Post

My question would be, "would hexy have drafted Lucic?"
                Well, Hextall joined LA in June 2006 and at the end of that month LA took Joey Ryan at 48 and Boston took Milan Lucic at 50.

Granted, Hextall had been working with pros and not amateurs with the Flyers, so he probably had little to not say in the choice, but I'll just put it together for coincidence and say "no".

Comment

Central Scouting's final rankings:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospect...Rank&year=2017
                  What would Fred do?

Comment

Originally posted by toothless joe View Post
                    How about Martin Necas?
                    Here are some quotes about this kid pulled from the MyNHLDraft.com site:

ISS Hockey - Mar. 17th: "Competitive, skilled player. Can score and make plays. Can beat opponents with speed and smarts."

Jeff Marek of Sportsnet - Mar. 8th: "Plays a very confident two-way game. Defensively responsible, has a great engine and doesn’t tire."

ISS Hockey - Feb. 17th: "Gifted offensive player, very good offensive instincts. Poise with puck and distributes puck well"

Mike Morreale NHL.com - Jan. 20th: "Necas (6-0, 167) is an excellent skater with a fine set of tools. He was captain for the Czech Republic at the 2016 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Cup in August and had two goals and four assists in four games. He's fast, has great balance and has confidence in his ability to score and create opportunities. "

Dennis Schellenberg Hockey Prospectus - Nov. 9th: "A rather smallish-sized energy-player with great offensive upside and creativity. A lightning-quick skater who likes to handle the puck and creats scoring chances. Can distribute the puck with accuracy and likes to set up team mates."
                    Personally...i'm hoping we get a gifted shooter. This kid sounds more like a guy who dishes it and has an engine that won't stop.

Comment

Originally posted by ELab2 View Post
                      I'm hoping for a sniper, something currently lacking in the system and on the team. I read thats Tolvanen or Tippett.
                      Here are some quotes regarding Tippett:

Jeff Marek of Sportsnet - Mar. 8th: "Injured at Top Prospects game and played hurt until docs shut him down. Consistently finds scoring chances and goals every game. Pure sniper."

ISS Hockey - Mar. 5th: "Dynamic offensive player can beat a defender with his speed, skill, or size."

ISS Hockey - Feb. 5th: "Explosive offensive capabilities. Strong nose around the net & hands in tight areas."

Mike Morreale NHL.com - Jan. 20th: "Tippett (6-1, 202), the cousin of Tampa Bay Lightning prospect Mitchell Stephens, is an exceptionally strong skater and shooter. He knows where to go on the ice to properly give or receive a pass and has an NHL-caliber shot and release."

Future Considerations: "A strongly built, scoring winger who possesses that natural scorer’s touch…he gets to the right areas of the ice both with and without the puck and has the pro-type shot and release to bury it…he is strong and shifty with the puck, protecting it well as he moves through traffic…gets around the ice well, showing quick jump acceleration to generate space and speed coming down the ice on the rush, and he shows agility and balance on his feet"

Dennis Schellenberg Hockey Prospectus - Nov. 9th: "He is often at the right position around the net and has a natural scoring touch. Competes hard and has powerful skating and strong strides. Needs to have someone next to him who feeds him."
                      I'm buying

And some on Tolvanen:

ISS Hockey - Mar. 12th: "Heating up with 7 goals in last 5 games. With a pro shot, he is dangerous from anywhere"

Jeff Marek of Sportsnet - Mar. 8th: "Heating back up again in the USHL. One of the top pure snipers in the draft this season."

ISS Hockey - Feb. 10th: "High end skills offensively. This kid has a rocket of a shot. Good hockey sense & skating ability."

Mike Morreale NHL.com - Jan. 20th: "He has plenty of speed, hockey sense and intensity to complement a solid skill set and NHL-caliber release. Tolvanen (5-10, 170), born in Finland, will attend Boston College in 2017-18. He leads Sioux City in goals (16), points (29), game-winning goals (four) and shots on goal (134) in 26 games."

Future Considerations: "This goal-scoring winger is a real offensive threat…plays with speed, intensity and skills…elusive with the puck on his stick…likes to shoot and has an impressive accurate shot with an absolutely deadly release…positions himself correctly to be open for the one-timer…a smooth, agile skater and covers ground at high rates of speed in transition…quick thinker who doesn’t stop moving his feet…good speed when carrying the puck and can accelerate quickly"

Dennis Schellenberg Hockey Prospectus - Nov. 9th: "The Sioux City winger is a true goal scorer and an offensive weapon. He can make skilled plays when he possesses the puck and plays with good speed. His biggest asset is without any doubt his deadly shot. Fires the puck with great velocity and accuracy."
                      This guy's name came up earlier in this thread. Vedder mentioned that his video clips reminded him of Laine. I was buying then...and still the same now.

Comment

Working...
                      X