Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Flyers vs Canes

7:30 ET

Flyers have dropped several positions overall since they last played. If things keep up this way they could wind up with a #2 or #3 pick in the draft. Their points gap to the fourth worst record overall is the same as the gap to the second wild card spot.

Mixed feelings are the order of the day.

Flyers trash. Coach Hakstol needs to be gone.
    RETIRE #10 ALREADY!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mrmaggot View Post
      Flyers trash. Coach Hakstol needs to be gone.
      lol as I say this. Provorovovovovov scores
      RETIRE #10 ALREADY!!!!!!!!!

Comment

So glad I sold my tix on thurs. Have been watching since the late 2nd, so it might be all my fault for turning it on.

Comment

Ok, not so much now...

Comment

Lol. Just when I was wondering what Schenn was doing out there in the 3 on 3.

It's a rare day when I read hfboards, but I had to see what Canes fans were saying after that empty net goal then OT winner. Pretty funny thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=2204717

Just when I start wishing the Flyers would just put me out of my misery already, they win and everyone else around them loses. Same thing that happened last year.

Comment

I hate blind passes from below the goal line, but I guess it's ok when Travis does it.

When a rookie gets the water bottle, it should count as two goals.

What would Fred do?

Comment

Watched the game on delay since I had a men's league game last night, but I don't see any hope of making the playoffs. They just aren't good enough. Blowing a 2-0 lead at home against a lower tier team playing their third game in four nights and second in a row? Come on. The guy concerning me the most right now is Voracek -- he just has no impact on the game. Constantly loses the puck, mishandles on the power play and not getting any quality shots on goal. What happened to him? At least Giroux is showing some jump now and making plays.

After having his best game of the year against the Penguins, Weise is back to looking horrible. Yeah, he scored a goal by picking up garbage in front, but his overall game was not good at all. Hakstol needs to play Cousins in his spot, not to mention Lyubimov instead of Vandevelde. I know VV is Hakstol's ND guy, but let's be real here. His game is fourth line and PK, defensive situations. Our PK is in the dumps so what the heck is he bringing to the table? He's not physical and has no offensive game at all. Lyubimov is faster, has a heavy shot and his young. Give him the ice time please.

Finally, Couturier is playing his best hockey of the year. Ever since he was dropped back to his third line role, he's picked it up. And he's shooting the puck, something we've been hoping he'd do for awhile. He seems to have confidence now and I hope he keeps this going through the rest of the season. I'm still a fan of his and don't want him to get traded (especially since he's one of our young forwards).
                Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

Coutts is a 3C and there is absolutely nothing wrong w that. Really hope the brass accepts that and moves forward. Any theories on what happened to Jake? He was so good 2 years ago we were all laughing about what a steal we got for Carter. Did he get lazy when he got paid?

I really like Hexy's draft picks but remain confused as to what he saw in Weise that made him offer that contract. Feel like that spot should have gone to a young guy on the Phantoms (Leier?).

Comment

agree with Mike can't understand why Cousins and Lyubimov are not playing...and Jake... WTF

Comment

Working...
                    X