Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe

I believe that we can get the 7th pick.

We're only 2 pts ahead of buffalo, but we've got two games in hand. Get some early surgery for some vets, call up some phantoms, even out the ice time... come we can do this!

Yeah, I meant to post top 6 in the GDT the other day, but the auto-save feature on the boards replaced it with top 2 or top 3 that I had typed first before I took a harder look at the standings.

Things might get tricky in the last few games when opponents have clinched whatever they are going to clinch and start resting their stars for their playoff runs. Although this team has shown a knack for being able to lose to backup goalies and AHL call-ups.

Comment

I believe ...

that we can suck!
      What would Fred do?

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post
        I believe that we can get the 7th pick.

We're only 2 pts ahead of buffalo, but we've got two games in hand. Get some early surgery for some vets, call up some phantoms, even out the ice time... come we can do this!

I believe we have a better shot at that 7th pick if we leave the vets in. The Phantom call-ups would show too much effort.

Comment

just hoping we dont get a repeat of 2012-2013, where once we were basically eliminated we won all our games and cost ourselves many, many draft spots.

Comment

Normally, I'd want to see what some of the Phantoms can do, but not this year.

They're in the AHL's top tier and will probably gain more by playing meaningful games there than increasingly meaningless games with the Flyers.
            What would Fred do?

Comment

Weal was sent down in a paper transaction at the deadline, so he will be able to join the Phantoms for the playoffs and Rubtsov will likely be joining them soon as well

Comment

Originally posted by Foggy View Post
                Normally, I'd want to see what some of the Phantoms can do, but not this year.

They're in the AHL's top tier and will probably gain more by playing meaningful games there than increasingly meaningless games with the Flyers.
                Eh, I'm not sure a playoff push vs AHL talent is a better gauge than playing against NHL talent. I'm sure anyone that was called up from the phantoms would be busting their *** out there regardless of their linemates or who they are playing against.

The only upside of not calling up any phantoms is this roster that seems to have largely given up will probably continue to lose and get a better draft spot.
                Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
                Official Facebook
                Official Twitter

Comment

Hexy wants youngsters to develop in a winning environment. I don't think he's going to bring any of the kids up unless there is an injury on the Flyers.

Comment

Any snipers in this draft?

Comment

Working...
                    X