Weal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weal

Do we try and bring him back next year or let him walk?

I'm sure a lot of his sudden outburst of offense has to do with having little NHL experience before this, so no one really has a line on his strengths/weaknesses yet. But he really hasn't looked out of place. Maybe he's just a late bloomer, but I've been impressed. 8 points in 18 games

IMO, if we can keep him for 2 mil or less, I'd be fine with it. Considering Read is 3.6, and both Rafl and Weise are 2.35. I hope this guy is still in orange and black next season

thoughts?
    "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Originally posted by smkruzik View Post

I'm sure a lot of his sudden outburst of offense has to do with having little NHL experience before this, so no one really has a line on his strengths/weaknesses yet. But he really hasn't looked out of place. Maybe he's just a late bloomer, but I've been impressed. 8 points in 18 games

IMO, if we can keep him for 2 mil or less, I'd be fine with it. Considering Read is 3.6, and both Rafl and Weise are 2.35. I hope this guy is still in orange and black next season

thoughts?
    I think this may be the first time he's been given extended playing time on a top 2 line at the NHL level and I would agree, he does not look out of place at all. He has really good hockey sense and more often that's not, he seems to be in the right place around the net for scoring opportunities.

I'd also agree to keep him for the right money!

Comment

Completely agree. For the right contract (which I think is EASILY under $2m), I would love to have him back. Youth, speed... sure, he's a smaller guy, but he's been a great addition.

Just makes that Lecavalier trade look even better!

Comment

Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing him back for a short term low cost contract 2M or less at 1-2 years. He has produced and driven play on every line he has played on so far this year. He would fit well in our bottom 6 and could easily bounce up into the top 6 if needed.

Comment

Everyone seems to agree a 2 mil or less cap hit would be the best deal, so it'll probably be 2.5.

Comment

Originally posted by smkruzik View Post

thoughts?
            Couldn't agree more.

Comment

Read has one more year. Weiss until 20.

Comment

Originally posted by IceHokie View Post
                Everyone seems to agree a 2 mil or less cap hit would be the best deal, so it'll probably be 2.5.
                I'm guessing 3.6.
                "You don't sign a FA with his skillset for less than that in June, " Hextall said. Along with Weal, flyers extended Raffl, Read, and VDV for an additional 5 years each. "You don't sign guys like this in June​​", Hextall mumbled as he left the press conference. "These guys are great locker room guys who really round out our team. They can be counted on to forecheck hard and really really try a lot."
                "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

we have too many forwards. who goes?

Comment

Lyubi is pretty much as good as gone, and VDV is a UFA. If we resign Weal and re-up Cousins, we'd have 13 forwards: G, Voracek, Schenn, Simmonds, Coots, Filp, Read, Weise, Raffl, Konecny, PEB, Weal, Cousins. My guess would be Weise/Cousins taking turns in the press box

Don't forget someone is going to get plucked for LV, and Hextall may manage to dump 1 or 2 (hopefully Weise) for a mid round draft pick or something if he's making room for any of the younger guys with the phantoms
                    "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

Working...
                    X