X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smkruzik
    started a topic Weal

Weal

Do we try and bring him back next year or let him walk?

I'm sure a lot of his sudden outburst of offense has to do with having little NHL experience before this, so no one really has a line on his strengths/weaknesses yet. But he really hasn't looked out of place. Maybe he's just a late bloomer, but I've been impressed. 8 points in 18 games

IMO, if we can keep him for 2 mil or less, I'd be fine with it. Considering Read is 3.6, and both Rafl and Weise are 2.35. I hope this guy is still in orange and black next season

thoughts?

• flyerdog
    replied
    Lyubimov has a better shot than anyone on the fourth line..couple of his goals he showed that..he also never seemed to take a shift off, i remember a dud of a game (and there were many) when he was the only player who was back checking...everyone else was coasting...that type of dedication and responsibility should be rewarded with more playing time, not punished with scratches...

maybe like Medvedev, before him, he was still adjusting to the N.A. game...but I hope they keep him....

Leave a comment:

• PinkFloydFreak87
    replied
    Originally posted by Vedder View Post
    Is Lyubi any better than CVV? Really? Can he kill penalties?
    I don't really understand the argument of pointing to Bellemare and VDV as the go-to pk guys to demonstrate importance when the Flyers PK is in the bottom third of the league.

Totally fine with seeing how any bottom 6 forwards would do in the place of VDV on the PK.

Leave a comment:

• Pit
    replied
    Originally posted by Foggy View Post

Good point, but VV has to have incriminating photos of Hak from their North Dakota days.

Doubt Lyubimov has any of those.
    I think he's Hakstol's illegitimate son by a UND sorrority girl.

"Daaaaad, let the 4th line play late in the game when we're up by only one. C'mooooon."

Leave a comment:

• Foggy
    replied
    Originally posted by Pit View Post
    Can Vandevelde? I mean, I know he plays on the pkill unit, but can he actually pk?
    Good point, but VV has to have incriminating photos of Hak from their North Dakota days.

Doubt Lyubimov has any of those.

Leave a comment:

• Pit
    replied
    Originally posted by Vedder View Post
    Is Lyubi any better than CVV? Really? Can he kill penalties?
    Can Vandevelde? I mean, I know he plays on the pkill unit, but can he actually pk?

Leave a comment:

• Vedder
    replied
    Is Lyubi any better than CVV? Really? Can he kill penalties? Honestly our issue this year had little to do with our 4th line, and a lot to do with horrible goaltending for stretches followed by an inability to score.

Leave a comment:

• lynchmob450
    replied
    Originally posted by ELab2 View Post

Lyubi is an RFA and I don't see them just letting him walk. He was one of their best 4th liners when he played (notwithstanding the obsession with VDV). He may go back to Russia, but that's probably going to be his only option if he doesn't resign.
    I think Hexy has to free up a role on the team for Lyubi. The problem this season was that there was some unknown with who he was and how he'd play. I think if you remove your UND glasses, you'll see that he's not just a better player than CVV, he is a MUCH better player in every aspect of the game. Playing CVV ahead of Lyubi after we saw what he could do is one of the reasons why this team has been so on and off this season.

Hexy needs to have a straight discussion with Hakstol and let him no that moving forward...no more nepotism.

Leave a comment:

• ELab2
    replied
    Originally posted by smkruzik View Post
    Lyubi is pretty much as good as gone,
    Lyubi is an RFA and I don't see them just letting him walk. He was one of their best 4th liners when he played (notwithstanding the obsession with VDV). He may go back to Russia, but that's probably going to be his only option if he doesn't resign.

Leave a comment:

• alxhj
    replied
    If Wiese plays like he has for the past couple of weeks, he's probably going to stay. It looks like the light bulb has turned on for him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X