Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Flyers vs Islanders

7ET

Isles were in the second wild card spot for a long time. Now they are four points out and only two up on the Flyers.

Gonna have to block @inthefade this afternoon so I don't see any spoilers.

No predictions.

We lose when we need to win, then win when it's better to lose. This team needs to be torn apart and rebuilt properly. I cannot BELIEVE they do this every year. We lost out on Darnell Nurse IIRC because we went on a meaningless run. This team is getting difficult to stomach. And if it's pressure/no pressure that's doing it, then get players who play every night.
    Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

We have turned into the Toronto Maple Leafs of old lol. We used to laugh at those guys for doing exactly this.
      Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

Ouch, that is such an accurate insult. No balls when it really mattered.

Comment

Our chances of making the playoffs; about .2%.

Our chances of winning the draft lottery; about 2%.

If there was an award for a totally mediocre season, we'd win it.
          Last edited by Foggy; 03-30-2017, 11:20 PM.
          What would Fred do?

Comment

Originally posted by Foggy View Post
            Our chances of making the playoffs; about .2%.

Our chances of winning the draft lottery; about 2%.

If there was an award for a totally mediocre season, we'd win it.
            I'd say our chance of winning the mediocrity award are about 2%.

Comment

Gotta give credit to Weise and Simmer for their Gordie Howe hat tricks. That's pretty cool.
              What would Fred do?

Comment

I may need to adjust the parameters of Best/Worst Case Scenario comments after seeing that first period. That was crazy. Would have seemed like hyperbole if I had typed it up before it actually happened.

@inthefade definitely had things to say about the game. Avoiding Twitter was a good idea.

Two out of the final five games vs NJ. Blech.

Comment

For awhile, last night's game took me back to the days of good old time hockey. It was one of the few games I truly enjoyed watching this year.

Comment

Originally posted by evee1234 View Post
                    We lose when we need to win, then win when it's better to lose. This team needs to be torn apart and rebuilt properly. I cannot BELIEVE they do this every year. We lost out on Darnell Nurse IIRC because we went on a meaningless run. This team is getting difficult to stomach. And if it's pressure/no pressure that's doing it, then get players who play every night.
                    Agree..... I hate that the FO doesn't know when to fold em so we actually IMPROVE because we're not good. No... We keep shooting ourselves in the foot.
                    "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Working...
                    X