Flyers Sign Union's Vecchione

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flyers Sign Union's Vecchione

Always nice to see when a top college player who has his pick chooses us!

We beat out Tampa and the Rangers evidently.

Will be interesting to see if he jumps into the lineup right away.

I can't remember someone picking us in years, it is definitely uplifting.

Comment

Cool!
      What would Fred do?

Comment

Originally posted by dsl135 View Post

Will be interesting to see if he jumps into the lineup right away.

Agent Lewis Gross said in a text message to The Associated Press that Vecchione would play for the Flyers this season. Philadelphia has five games remaining.

General manager Ron Hextall confirmed that Vecchione would play for the team this season but added that the 24-year-old's NHL debut probably wouldn't come Saturday against the New Jersey Devils. If Vecchione plays this season, he would become an unrestricted free agent this summer.

http://www.tsn.ca/flyers-sign-colleg...hione-1.711503

Comment

According to Philly.com. he will be a restricted free agent, not unrestricted, which makes sense

Comment

Outstanding! Considering he wanted to sign somewhere where he could play right away, the team must have presented a pitch where he would have a spot. Considering how badly we need scores, I have to think he has a spot determined.

Comment

hmmm..i read a scouting report which projects him as "a third line Center"....not to be a killjoy but I'm not sure how this helps....

Comment

Weal was a center. Schenn was a center. Put him on a wing somewhere.

He was Gost's teammate. Probably played a very large factor in his decision.

Comment

Seems to be a strong face-off guy, good skater, defensively responsible, with some offensive pop.

I wouldn't mind seeing him as our 4th line center next season with PEB and Laughton on the wings. A better energy line than this year's version, score a few more goals with the ability for stronger play on the PK.
                  What would Fred do?

Comment

Originally posted by Foggy View Post
                    I wouldn't mind seeing him as our 4th line center next season with PEB and Laughtonon the wings. A better energy line than this year's version, score a few more goals with the ability for stronger play on the PK.
                    How has he done this season in the AHL? While he was a 1st rounder and expectations are normally for 1st rounders to jump into a lineup and kind of make an impact within 3 seasons or so...i'd love to see him become a solid bottom 9 player who can bring a little bit of everything. I think we need to erase the fact that he was drafted in the 1st round and try to look at him as a regular prospect and let him be the player he is.

Comment

Working...
                    X