X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone on the Devils is probably going to test Morin tonight

Comment

Originally posted by ELab2 View Post

A defense cannot consist of three rookies, one second year, one third year, and one sixth year player. I don't care about being good so much as hurting the development of the rookies.
      Agreed. This notion that Ghost, Provy, Sanheim, Morin, Myers, Hagg will all be ripping it up together on the big club is a ridiculous.

Hexy will move one (maybe two of these guys) to add some badly needed offence and creativity to this team. He just better make it count!

This summer could be a defining moment for Hexy - expansion draft, contracts coming off the books, some cap flexibility and possible integration of youth. Very curious to see what/how he does...

Comment

Originally posted by Hexy's Axe View Post

Agreed. This notion that Ghost, Provy, Sanheim, Morin, Myers, Hagg will all be ripping it up together on the big club is a ridiculous.

Hexy will move one (maybe two of these guys) to add some badly needed offence and creativity to this team. He just better make it count!

This summer could be a defining moment for Hexy - expansion draft, contracts coming off the books, some cap flexibility and possible integration of youth. Very curious to see what/how he does...
        I'd like to see Laughton and Cousins moved out.

On D, I'd not be against moving one of the prospects along with Schenn for substantial 5 on 5 help up front (I think Schenn a sub par player 5 on 5 and cannot be a central piece of the team 3 years from now).
        "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Originally posted by alxhj View Post
          I hope that happens. And with this, the message will be sent throughout the NHL...stop taking liberties on the Flyers.

Really happy with Morin getting in the lineup. This is a reward to the patience fans have shown...we deserve something good.

Comment

The last I heard was that Goulborne was in the ECHL, he probably won't get a call up
            Goulbourne is in LV...was called up in early March...would love for him to get a 4th line job..so Wayne can stop policing the team

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post

Goulbourne is in LV...was called up in early March...would love for him to get a 4th line job..so Wayne can stop policing the team
              Didn't know that, and I am glad. If he's improved his game, than I'm all for calling him up too.

Comment

They all are...

Comment

Didn't get to see the game. How did Sam look?
                  What would Fred do?

Comment

Originally posted by Foggy View Post
                    Didn't get to see the game. How did Sam look?
                    As advertised. A solid debut. He even caught up to Hall on a partial break (this is not a typo)

Comment

Thanks, Axe. Just read Bill Meltzer's review, that jibes with yours.

Morin's first NHL game wasn't flawless but there was significantly more good than bad in his 24 shifts and 17:47 of total ice time. The 6-foot-7 defenseman was credited with a game-high seven hits, a takeaway and two shots on goal including a good scoring opportunity. In perhaps his most notable sequences, he made three straight good defensive plays near the blueline, accelerated quickly to harass Taylor Hall from behind without taking a penalty on a developing breakaway and, in another sequence, used his long reach to get to a loose puck ahead of two New Jersey players in the vicinity. Overall, he and Shayne Gostisbehere did well as a duo, with Gostisbehere having a particularly strong game.

Morin had a few dicey shifts, but nothing egregious. There was a turnover (not charged as a giveaway) when he tried to go up the wall with the puck in the waning seconds of the first period rather than hanging onto the puck and trying to tie up along the half boards. A couple times, his work-in-progress coverages of forwards attacking with speed to the outside came into play but he recovered.
                      What would Fred do?

Comment

Working...
                      X