No announcement yet.

Morin in tonight...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just something I wanted to confirm re: the farm team: The Flyers/Comcast-Spectatcor have not owned the Phantoms since they left Philadelphia for Adirondack, right? I was getting annoyed by someone espousing about how the Phantoms are so mismanaged with regard to letting young/new players play (e.g. Friedman) because Comcast lost too much money on the team the past several years that they need to make up with a deep playoff run this year(?!?).

Not that I wouldn't be surprised by operating deficits from five year in a lousy NY arena, plus missing the playoffs those five years and the first two in NE PA, but I don't think that was the Flyers'/Comcast's money regardless.

Though, has anyone ever seen mention of any specifics of how the Phantoms ownership wants "win now" prioritized with "develop players now" in the arrangement for the Flyers to manage the team? For example, are there a certain number of AHL veterans planned per year? Or, the Phantoms want a winning coach instead of a player-development coach?

Comment

The owners of the Phantoms are accountants who are Pens fans

Comment

Here's a pretty interesting story about the Brooks Brothers:

Lehigh Valley Phantoms owners want to make an impact in Allentown community

http://www.mcall.com/sports/hockey/p...016-story.html

Good location and a nice building, the Brooks seem to be doing well.

I like what Hexy is doing as the GM of the Phantoms. Reminds me of what he did at Manchester when he worked for LA. An improved team with a good coach, seems like a good place for the kids to grow.

What would Fred do?

Comment

That's the article I found too. A baseball team can only do so much though.

Comment

I always thought the assistant GM for the big club was the GM for the farm (hence Hexy's involvement with Manchester when he was in LA). So wouldn't Hanrahan be the GM for LV? I'm not naive enough to think Hexy doesn't get a say in everything that's done; but I'm pretty certain much of the team building, promotions/demotions to Reading etc... are all handled by him rather than Hexy

Of course I could be wrong...
            "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

Originally posted by starsucker View Post

That innocent plan would fire back because of our questionable head coach.
              Hakstol would not healthy scratch Streit. He would play him 18min a game and use him on both special teams, a perfect copy of this season's usage.
              Eh, that could be solved with a simple discussion between Hak and Hexy at the beginning of the season if Hexy signed him with that intention. Make it clear that Streit is to be used exclusively as a 7th d-man. No scratching anyone to make an example.
              Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
              Official Facebook
              Official Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by smkruzik View Post
                I always thought the assistant GM for the big club was the GM for the farm (hence Hexy's involvement with Manchester when he was in LA). So wouldn't Hanrahan be the GM for LV? I'm not naive enough to think Hexy doesn't get a say in everything that's done; but I'm pretty certain much of the team building, promotions/demotions to Reading etc... are all handled by him rather than Hexy

Of course I could be wrong...
                Yeah, Hexy was the GM of Manchester when he was assistant GM in LA.

Everything I've read shows him as the GM of the Phantoms, as well as the Flyers. Sorta makes sense given his LA experience and the fact that development of our prospects is the key to his plan for revitalizing the Flyers.
                What would Fred do?

Comment

Originally posted by Foggy View Post

Yeah, Hexy was the GM of Manchester when he was assistant GM in LA.

Everything I've read shows him as the GM of the Phantoms, as well as the Flyers. Sorta makes sense given his LA experience and the fact that development of our prospects is the key to his plan for revitalizing the Flyers.
                  http://www.phantomshockey.com/team/h...rations-staff/

The Phantoms list Hexy and Harrahan in the same capacities they serve with the Flyers.
                  "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Working...
                  X