• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By that same logic then we should not be playing Provorov:

Comment

Originally posted by Vedder View Post

Those stats are shocking to me. I must need to get my eyes check, because in my eyes, that is not even close to what I remember seeing.

Comment

Srsly. Maybe "coughing the puck up" is scored somewhere else and isn't counted as a giveaway. AMac, in particular, coughs the puck up multiple times per game. Jake was pretty guilty of bad passes in the offensive zone this year.

Comment

I see giveaways as a very subjective stats, especially for a Dman. When the right play behind the net is to clear as fast as possible off the boards, sometimes it doesn't work. It still is the right play, although circumstance or lack of forward back checking leads to a turnover. That turnover is often still the right play when challenged around the net.

Comment

if you're on the puck a lot, you're also going to turn it over a lot.

I remember a while back a discussion about desjardins giveaways being particularly high. but he also had tons of takeaways. the league's best players tend to have the most giveaways: https://www.sportingcharts.com/nhl/s...tatistic/2016/ . burns, karlsson, klingberg, seabrook, carlson... obviously those are mostly more offensive minded d, but the point stands. good players have lots more of everything in the stats because they're involved more.

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post
              if you're on the puck a lot, you're also going to turn it over a lot.

I remember a while back a discussion about desjardins giveaways being particularly high. but he also had tons of takeaways. the league's best players tend to have the most giveaways: https://www.sportingcharts.com/nhl/s...tatistic/2016/ . burns, karlsson, klingberg, seabrook, carlson... obviously those are mostly more offensive minded d, but the point stands. good players have lots more of everything in the stats because they're involved more.
              So the conclusion of all this then is MacDonald is a legit top 4 dman!

Comment

So the conclusion of all this then is MacDonald is a legit top 4 dman!
                ... you also have to affect the game positively as well

Actually I personally don't think macdonald is that bad. He was crap his first season, i think struggling under the weight of expectations. Then got sent down in a numbers game the next year, but this year he's been about what you should expect. In my book he's a 5 who is getting paid like a 3/4. I dont think his game is that different right now than it was with the islanders, its just Homer's contract that makes people hate him. Philly fans gotta have a scapegoat and a villain.

Still hoping he gets picks up by the knights

Comment

macdonald reminds me of what happened with the chris gratton and luke richardson contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post

... you also have to affect the game positively as well

Actually I personally don't think macdonald is that bad. He was crap his first season, i think struggling under the weight of expectations. Then got sent down in a numbers game the next year, but this year he's been about what you should expect. In my book he's a 5 who is getting paid like a 3/4. I dont think his game is that different right now than it was with the islanders, its just Homer's contract that makes people hate him. Philly fans gotta have a scapegoat and a villain.

Still hoping he gets picks up by the knights
                    Yup I completely agree with you. He isn't playing terrible hockey, and if he was being paid 3M instead of 5M people probably wouldn't have a huge issue with him in the lineup (well maybe they would still complain about his usage).

Comment

I guess shying away from the puck in tough situations, and giving up the blue line, doesn't "count" in any of these categories, but AMac's deficiencies in these areas is pretty clear.
                      What would Fred do?

Comment

Working...
                      X