No announcement yet.

Kings fire Lombardi and Sutter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shame we lost our "familiarity" with them, I'd love to pick up Jeff Carter for Fillipula and a mid level prospect like Myers or Hagg. Hes exactly what we miss, good faceoff, plays both ways but overall a scorer

Comment

You would seriously move Myers + for Carter?

Comment

The Carter boat has sailed and is never returning

Comment

The previous regime would trade for Carter in a heartbeat, not Hexy v2.

Comment

Very good two way center with speed that was instrumental in two Stanley Cups. Yeah who'd want that guy.
            Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by evee1234 View Post
              Very good two way center with speed that was instrumental in two Stanley Cups. Yeah who'd want that guy.
              Who's 32...with 5 years left on a deal with a roughly 5.3m cap hit...I'll pass...now if he were 28...sure...but that was about the time we traded him for Wayne and Schenn...and I like that too..
              Last edited by Rev_Bully; 05-02-2017, 09:48 PM.

Comment

It would be a disastrous cap move now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post

Who's 32...with 5 years left on a deal with a roughly 5.3m cap hit...I'll pass...now if he were 28...sure...but that was about the time we traded him for Wayne and Schenn...and I like that too..
                  For Voracek and Couturier (also a good deal). Wayne and Schenn were the return on the co-captain of SS Dry Island.

Comment

Originally posted by Pit View Post

For Voracek and Couturier (also a good deal). Wayne and Schenn were the return on the co-captain of SS Dry Island.
                    Ugh, how'd I screw that up.

To his credit...after holding his breath out of Ohio...Carter seemed to mature into the kind of player folks anticipated

Comment

agree, Carter has become what we always wanted. If we could move Fillipula and Hagg for him I'd do it in a second.

While his contract has five years left, its really undermarket money wise and as I said before, a skating center who plays both ways, wins faceoffs and can put up 30+ goals is exactly what we need.

If we didn;t have fillipula we'd do this move in a second. Heres to hoping Las Vegas takes Read and MacDonald off our hands (think they'll do it for two 3rd rounders?)

Comment

Working...
                      X