No announcement yet.

Kings fire Lombardi and Sutter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the funny part is the Kings' Carter is exactly what he was with the flyers. he was a strong two-way centerman who pots 30 for us too

Comment

I love how fans blast players and once they leave they wish they were back on the team...just like Homer; glad Hextall is running the ship now, slow and patience will set this team up for success in the long run.

Comment

The ship has sailed on Carter, and I wouldn't undo that trade, but a top 6 guy who scores is what we need

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post
          the funny part is the Kings' Carter is exactly what he was with the flyers. he was a strong two-way centerman who pots 30 for us too
          If all you are looking at is the goal column..they're similar...makes you wonder how many more Carter could have had if he took it seriously back then...

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post

If all you are looking at is the goal column..they're similar...makes you wonder how many more Carter could have had if he took it seriously back then...
            see thats the false narrative philly fans established long ago, that carter could do so much more if he would just try. dunno why philly fans are so eager to harp on perceived faults in their own players. i think in this case it was some combination of a) being our top pick in the best draft ever b) having that one year where he hit 80 pts c) having a long smooth skating stride instead of a choppy hustly one

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake

see thats the false narrative philly fans established long ago, that carter could do so much more if he would just try. dunno why philly fans are so eager to harp on perceived faults in their own players. i think in this case it was some combination of a) being our top pick in the best draft ever b) having that one year where he hit 80 pts c) having a long smooth skating stride instead of a choppy hustly one
              We're talking Carter...not Lindros.

Carter's problems stem from a well known and publicized life away from the rink in Philly. That's why people question how seriously he took it...not his stride..not the play of his draft year peers..

His penchant for dumb shit in bars across Old City...for example...

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

So people want to bring him back to the environment that caused his probkems.., yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by swami24 View Post
                  So people want to bring him back to the environment that caused his probkems.., yeah.
                  You don't think that Sutter might have corrected his attitude towards the game? Seems to me after he was traded he got his shit together. He was a big part of both Cups, moreso the last one.
                  Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

Working...
                  X