http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=84472

https://twitter.com/billmeltzer?ref_...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

KEY POINTS:

Mason & Neuvy agree that "tandems" don't work

Mase is done in Philly. Told Hexy tell me ASAP on your plan

MDZ is done. Short meeting with Hexy

Streit is done. Says young kids develop quicker today than before

Provy said it took him 15-20 games to settle in. Once he did, felt great

Ghost said his issues were all confidence and not physical. Started playing better when he "stopped caring about being yelled at"

Simmonds decribed team leadership dynamic as him being bad cop and G being good cap. Said G is a warrior

G admits health was a big reason for his struggles

G says Filppula was a good addition. Brings depth and balance

Jake realized he wasn't good. Knows team will be "blown up" next year if they don't win

Couts admits knee bothering him. Wasn't fully healed. Felt better towards the end

Couts loves playing with Schenn. Feels they have good chemistry (with Weiss as well)

Twitter feed was a really good read. If the Flyers intention was to expose Nuevy in the expansion draft and re-sign Mase, they definitely didn't let Mason know- unless he is doing an amazing job of playing dumb. Also I think you mean Schultz not Striet is done!

Comment

I think Mason stuck his foot in his mouth a bit when he said "Not trying to rob the bank. Want a fair contract. I think they got pretty good value out of my last one."

It almost sounds like he thought he was worth more than that; which is especially bad for him since Neuvy already resigned for 1.6 mill less per year than Mase's previous contract.
      "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

Mase came off really like well a jack@ss and in this day and age of social media..it makes a bit more sense to be a lil more..perhaps pleasant when you technically..do not have a job lined up for next year...yet

Ghost i believe part of that might be true..but i still believe paret of it was to being not fully healthy

Comment

No one seems to take issue with Ghost saying he's played best when he's not worried about getting yelled at. I read that as "I'm not listening to the coaches, and that's how I play best." While I think he should be playing the way he plays best, it's kind of a big deal to say you don't care about doing what you're told.
          "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Originally posted by ELab2 View Post
            No one seems to take issue with Ghost saying he's played best when he's not worried about getting yelled at. I read that as "I'm not listening to the coaches, and that's how I play best." While I think he should be playing the way he plays best, it's kind of a big deal to say you don't care about doing what you're told.
            it is kind of..telling i don't like it..but there might be more there to it..

Comment

Originally posted by ELab2 View Post
              I took it as, "hey psycho micromanager, let me play my game! This is 2017, skill wins...Maybe if you stopped playing your 4th liners and bottom D-men as much, we'd actually win a few games. Last I checked, I did alright last year"

It also says most guys don't give a **** about Hak as he's a complete tool....

Comment

Originally posted by M13 View Post
                Mase came off really like well a jack@ss and in this day and age of social media..it makes a bit more sense to be a lil more..perhaps pleasant when you technically..do not have a job lined up for next year...yet

Ghost i believe part of that might be true..but i still believe paret of it was to being not fully healthy
                Agreed. Mase came across as an entitled you know what....

Comment

Originally posted by Hexy's Axe View Post

I took it as, "hey psycho micromanager, let me play my game! This is 2017, skill wins...Maybe if you stopped playing your 4th liners and bottom D-men as much, we'd actually win a few games. Last I checked, I did alright last year"

It also says most guys don't give a **** about Hak as he's a complete tool....
                  Yes. If that's what he meant, it's a huge problem for this team, and frankly, no matter how much consensus there is about Hack in the public or on the team I don't like what it says about Ghost that he'd do that publicly.
                  "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

I see thinking that Neuvirth will be taken by Vegas. They may plan to sign Mason after a neuvirth gets picks.

Comment

Working...
                    X