Media Day + Locker Clean Out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swami24 View Post
    I see thinking that Neuvirth will be taken by Vegas. They may plan to sign Mason after a neuvirth gets picks.
    It seems highly unlikely to me LV would take a middling goaltender with such a long history of health issues. Between the draft and free agency goaltender is the one place they'll have a lot of good options
    "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Their GM drafted him, and NHL Gms always believed the guys they drafted have potential, plus his contract is freindly.

Comment

Originally posted by swami24 View Post
        Their GM drafted him, and NHL Gms always believed the guys they drafted have potential, plus his contract is freindly.
        They have to pick four goaltenders, plus they are entitled to pursue goalies in free agency.

Goalies expected to be available in the draft:
        Reimer
        Subban
        Pickard
        Domingue
        Lack
        Howard
        Raanta
        Grubauer

Goalies expected to be free agents:
        Elliot
        Bishop
        Miller

If those are my choices, I don't see me picking Neuvirth. Lacking upside, too much injury history (including coming off a concussion), and there are some reasonably desirable players going to be exposed by the Flyers if you're trying to fill a lineup and have some young players with upside (Cousins/Laughton/Leier/Raffl.
        "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Vegas has to pick 3 goaltenders, so once again the contract and familiarity help. They have to take one player from each team. Raffl I would really doubt. I could see Leier, with the other two as typical expansion scrubs who never really pan out. This is all without knowing what other young forwards will be exposed.

Comment

- The BSH guy Bill Matz is convinced thats why hexy signed neuvirth. as expansion bait.
            - yall over-reacting... i think ghost is just saying he can't be worried about making a mistake or turning the puck over. he didnt have a great start and was pressing and that made it worse.
            - i would kind of be upset if i was mason too, being on a string with hexy after signing my partner who had some of the worst stats of any goalie this year.

Comment

Mason's stats weren't much better than Neuvirth's this year, a reality constantly over looked whenever the topic comes up...

with a minimum of 20 games played Neuvirth was 54th out of 54 in SV%. Mason was 43rd. Neuvirth was 43rd in GAA and Mason 32nd...

Let's not make any mistakes...Mason was a terrible tender by the numbers and far more expensive.. What was his quote about his current $$

Mason should need to give back to get reupped..he wants to sign for Neuvirth money, cool...that's where his numbers put him...
              Last edited by Rev_Bully; 04-13-2017, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by smkruzik View Post
                I think Mason stuck his foot in his mouth a bit when he said "Not trying to rob the bank. Want a fair contract. I think they got pretty good value out of my last one."

It almost sounds like he thought he was worth more than that; which is especially bad for him since Neuvy already resigned for 1.6 mill less per year than Mase's previous contract.
                Yeah, somebody should get Mason a Warren Buffet book about value investing. We got lousy value from Mase in the playoffs last season and his early season performance (like Neuvy's) was awful. If he had performed early this season, we're a playoff team and the playoff revenue might have made his contract look like a good value. But it wasn't.

What would Fred do?

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post
                  - yall over-reacting... i think ghost is just saying he can't be worried about making a mistake or turning the puck over. he didnt have a great start and was pressing and that made it worse.
                  This was my thought as well. I can see why it would be taken out of context, but I don't think there's much to this at all.
                  "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

I agree, more so I think he meant that when you play the game with the context of trying NOT to make a mistake is when you second guess everything and make mistakes..when you just let it happen and rely on your talent, that is when you play your best...nobody likes to get yelled at by their coach...

Comment

More from todays year-end presser with Hexy:

Mullen not coming back, Lavy staying (ok?)

WILL sign another goalie (but not long term). Essentially Stolarz will not be on the team next year

Kids will not be blocked on D

Weiss had elbow surgery and Manning having minor back disc procedure

Comment

Working...
                      X