2017 Playoffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post
    Third of course being that Lynchmob wanted to talk cap hit and that's a regular season number...just like Hart and Vezina are regular season awards...
    You're basically saying that your highest paid players shouldn't be your BEST players in the playoffs...the ones teams count to pick up their games...score when your back is up against the wall...stop a frikin puck when your team needs it most. I'm going to assume that because there is no cap, you look at all players as even, which make no sense.

Comment

Did anyone see Kunitz claiming that Niskanen's "cross-check" was intentional. What a joke! Kunitz should know when a play is a DIRTY play, with his history of being such a prick on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
        Did anyone see Kunitz claiming that Niskanen's "cross-check" was intentional. What a joke! Kunitz should know when a play is a DIRTY play, with his history of being such a prick on the ice.
        I think the best rebuttal I have seen to all of the dirty\intentional talk (Did you read Campbell in THN) is to simply ask if Crosby lost a fingertip. And follow it up with, Hockey Play.

The Crosby humping was receding, now it's back in full force...

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post

You're basically saying that your highest paid players shouldn't be your BEST players in the playoffs...the ones teams count to pick up their games...score when your back is up against the wall...stop a frikin puck when your team needs it most. I'm going to assume that because there is no cap, you look at all players as even, which make no sense.
          I'm going to assume Leighton was really low on your blame list in 2010..

((he made 600k that year, posted 8 wins including 3 shutouts and 3 losses a GAA of 2.46 and .916 SV%))

...Or all of these measures are arbitrary...but I don't want to think that about you or Evee.

That being said, does Bob need to do better...absolutely.
          Does that mean he's not a fantastic tender? Nope.

Do many of the current top end goalies in the league meet the expectation you've set for Bob?
          Last edited by Rev_Bully; 05-03-2017, 09:39 AM.

Comment

When will people realize that the goalie position is HIGHLY based on the team in front of them?!?! Especially in the playoffs where match ups, home ice ect play an even more magnified place in how well goalies look.

Scenario A:
            Best NHL goalie EVER
            Team in front of him is the best high school team.
            That goalie will lose every NHL game, have a terrible SV%, a terrible GAA, no shutouts ....ect

Scenario B:
            AHL career goalie
            Has an AMAZING team defense in front of him with HOF O and D players.
            That goalie will have incredible wins, SV%, GAA, shutouts ... ect

I know that's extreme, but in the NHL, the quality of the team and how they are playing THAT GAME, DRASTICALLY makes the goalie's job easier or harder.
            It's this type of variable that makes 2 similar goalies (in terms of skill) look worlds apart in the stat sheet, then YOU GUYS blame the goalie! WTF!?!?

A shit D and shit team defense makes one goalie have a .890 sv% and 2.7gaa
            Same goalie on a better !@#$ing team he has a .920 sv% and 2.2 gaa

Are there anomalies, SURE. Are some goalies just BETTER than others? SURE
            But to blame everything on a goalie is asinine. To blame nothing on the goalie is also asinine.

To blame the team AND the goalie for the goalie's numbers is realistic and much more fair because those numbers are REALLY the team's numbers.
            "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Originally posted by Hattrix View Post
              When will people realize that the goalie position is HIGHLY based on the team in front of them?!?! Especially in the playoffs where match ups, home ice ect play an even more magnified place in how well goalies look.

Scenario A:
              Best NHL goalie EVER
              Team in front of him is the best high school team.
              That goalie will lose every NHL game, have a terrible SV%, a terrible GAA, no shutouts ....ect

Scenario B:
              AHL career goalie
              Has an AMAZING team defense in front of him with HOF O and D players.
              That goalie will have incredible wins, SV%, GAA, shutouts ... ect

I know that's extreme, but in the NHL, the quality of the team and how they are playing THAT GAME, DRASTICALLY makes the goalie's job easier or harder.
              It's this type of variable that makes 2 similar goalies (in terms of skill) look worlds apart in the stat sheet, then YOU GUYS blame the goalie! WTF!?!?

A shit D and shit team defense makes one goalie have a .890 sv% and 2.7gaa
              Same goalie on a better !@#$ing team he has a .920 sv% and 2.2 gaa

Are there anomalies, SURE. Are some goalies just BETTER than others? SURE
              But to blame everything on a goalie is asinine. To blame nothing on the goalie is also asinine.

To blame the team AND the goalie for the goalie's numbers is realistic and much more fair because those numbers are REALLY the team's numbers.
              It really just seems to be a Bob thing, and for the life of me I don;t get it...

It worries me because we are going to have a young tender or two in the next few years...and unless expectations change those goalies are going to be shredded...

Comment

I'm going to assume Leighton was really low on your blame list in 2010..

((he made 600k that year, posted 8 wins including 3 shutouts and 3 losses a GAA of 2.46 and .916 SV%))
                He wasn't great in the finals...but wasn't the only reason for the Flyers losing in the Finals. From what i remember, he didn't get much help from the team's overall defence. And was that the year when we had a horrific 3rd defence pairing?

Do many of the current top end goalies in the league meet the expectation you've set for Bob?
                Show me a guy who's number go down hill when games mean a lot...i'm going to guess you won't find another top end goalie who shits his bed when the playoffs appear. If you do find one...please share. And i'll confirm or deny entry to the Realm of Suckiness.

Comment

Pekka Rinne outside of this season has typically shit the bed come playoff time.

Comment

this very typical O&B thread has made me wonder who would be on the all-anth team. Luke Schenn and Sergei Bobrovsky for sure.

Comment

• Matt Carle and Luke Schenn top D pair.

Comment

Working...
                      X