Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Playoffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Vedder View Post
    Pekka Rinne outside of this season has typically shit the bed come playoff time.
    Rinne's Career numbers:

    Regular season: 2.38 GAA, 917 SV%
    Playoffs : 2.35 GAA, 918 SV%

    Comment


    • Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post
      this very typical O&B thread has made me wonder who would be on the all-anth team. Luke Schenn and Sergei Bobrovsky for sure.
      Don't forget Carle and Maroon.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by clumsysnake
        this very typical O&B thread has made me wonder who would be on the all-anth team. Luke Schenn and Sergei Bobrovsky for sure.
        Hmmm...Bob yes...LSchenn...

        Carcillo definitely..

        I get Gagne right? after the epic throwdown with Ogie over "elite"...

        Matt Carle yes...

        Pat Maroon as well..

        So..just off the top of my head, at work...

        Gagne with Maroon and Carcillo
        LSchenn and Carle
        Bob

        I'd be pretty happy with that...
        compared to a lot of folks that are going to be carrying Bryz and AMac, Upshall, Calder...

        Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • Originally posted by lynchmob450

          He wasn't great in the finals...but wasn't the only reason for the Flyers losing in the Finals. From what i remember, he didn't get much help from the team's overall defence. And was that the year when we had a horrific 3rd defence pairing?



          Show me a guy who's number go down hill when games mean a lot...i'm going to guess you won't find another top end goalie who shits his bed when the playoffs appear. If you do find one...please share. And i'll confirm or deny entry to the Realm of Suckiness.
          So the short answer is, "yes, totally subjective."



          Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Hexy's Axe

            Don't forget Carle and Maroon.
            I'm flattered everyone remembers the guys I liked...

            Weird how everyone forgets the guys they backed...

            ...and if you keep Carle you don't end up with Streit or MacDonald..but Homer played that hand so well..

            .. and Maroon is playing poor man's John LeClair in Edmonton..man he'd be awful with Giroux...

            Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • People remember the guys you like because you never shut up about them.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by IceHokie
                People remember the guys you like because you never shut up about them.
                I don't hide or flinch from the players I like... whether they pan out or not...I do expect a reasonable method of criticism..

                Weird how expecting a standard is ALWAYS the issue...

                Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk


                Last edited by Rev_Bully; 05-03-2017, 03:13 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Hexy's Axe

                  Rinne's Career numbers:

                  Regular season: 2.38 GAA, 917 SV%
                  Playoffs : 2.35 GAA, 918 SV%
                  And he's never made it out of the 2nd round..must not be doing something right...

                  Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post

                    And he's never made it out of the 2nd round..must not be doing something right...

                    Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
                    But the number state that he's been consistent. Bob hasn't. And unfortunately, you hang onto Leighton (who wouldn't get the same level of blame as Bob deservedly should...except in your eyes). Anyone else pull a Bob by crapping their bed in the playoffs after putting up above average numbers in the regular season?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post
                      I'd be pretty happy with that...
                      compared to a lot of folks that are going to be carrying Bryz and AMac, Upshall, Calder...


                      Calder...that is a classic!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X