2017 Playoffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lynchmob450

But the number state that he's been consistent. Bob hasn't. And unfortunately, you hang onto Leighton (who wouldn't get the same level of blame as Bob deservedly should...except in your eyes). Anyone else pull a Bob by crapping their bed in the playoffs after putting up above average numbers in the regular season?
    So you have no idea...but get angry if people disagree with you?

Wow.

Oh and sugar tits I got ripped to shreds on this board for defending Leighton in 2010...

It's be awesome if you spent any time at all understanding the topic..

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

• Amazing Anth...instead of answering a simple question...you veer off again to protect your POV. This is getting old.

Here is what you said...

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post
      ...Do many of the current top end goalies in the league meet the expectation you've set for Bob?
      I responded with this...

...Show me a guy who's number go down hill when games mean a lot...i'm going to guess you won't find another top end goalie who shits his bed when the playoffs appear. If you do find one...please share. And i'll confirm or deny entry to the Realm of Suckiness.
      ​​​​​​​And you come up with this?
      ​​​​​​​

So you have no idea...but get angry if people disagree with you?

Wow.

Oh and sugar tits I got ripped to shreds on this board for defending Leighton in 2010...

It's be awesome if you spent any time at all understanding the topic..

I want to give up on you...but your warped superiority complex keeps pulling me back in.

Don't bring Leighton into this conversation when you're talking about "top end goalies". Please mention a top end goalie who Bobs it.

Comment

• BTW...congrats on standing up for Leighton. That makes you a real winner.

Comment

• i'm sure this has been noted somewhere, but whenever i see bob's face i think of paul dano

knowudimean?

Comment

• Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
            Amazing Anth...
            Indeed..amazing...

you realize all one needs to do is click that Icon on the first quote from me..and it takes them to my post, and then they can read the full responses in order...and not just the bit you chose to copy, right? I think maybe not...

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post

You're basically saying that your highest paid players shouldn't be your BEST players in the playoffs...the ones teams count to pick up their games...score when your back is up against the wall...stop a frikin puck when your team needs it most. I'm going to assume that because there is no cap, you look at all players as even, which make no sense.
            Which is the perfect set-up to mention Leighton's 600k which I did....

I'm going to assume Leighton was really low on your blame list in 2010..

((he made 600k that year, posted 8 wins including 3 shutouts and 3 losses a GAA of 2.46 and .916 SV%))

...Or all of these measures are arbitrary...but I don't want to think that about you or Evee.

That being said, does Bob need to do better...absolutely.
            Does that mean he's not a fantastic tender? Nope.

Do many of the current top end goalies in the league meet the expectation you've set for Bob?
            The context already looks completely different from what you've tried to cut-and-paste into reality...

you wanted to make an argument about Cap Hit and Playoff Expectations...it backfired..and now you're trying to spin...and poorly at that...

Your full response?

I'm going to assume Leighton was really low on your blame list in 2010..

((he made 600k that year, posted 8 wins including 3 shutouts and 3 losses a GAA of 2.46 and .916 SV%))
            He wasn't great in the finals...but wasn't the only reason for the Flyers losing in the Finals. From what i remember, he didn't get much help from the team's overall defence. And was that the year when we had a horrific 3rd defence pairing?

Do many of the current top end goalies in the league meet the expectation you've set for Bob?
            Show me a guy who's number go down hill when games mean a lot...i'm going to guess you won't find another top end goalie who shits his bed when the playoffs appear. If you do find one...please share. And i'll confirm or deny entry to the Realm of Suckiness.
            My full and complete response to that last post of yours?

So the short answer is, "yes, totally subjective."

For a guy accusing others of spinning..you sure just engaged in a ****ton of it...

Comment

• Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
              Please mention a top end goalie who Bobs it.
              It's cute the way you have an opinion..that you've obviously not bothered to research or worry about defending...but want to get high and mighty because it's questioned. talk about a superiority complex, you're the breathing definition...

...I'll indulge (and folks wondered about the snowflake comment?!)

So let's do this...first we'll start with some goalies...and their regular season versus playoff numbers in a given year

Brodeur 2007-08
              Regular Season: 44W, .920SV%, 2.17GAA
              Playoffs: 1W, .891SV% 3.19GAA
              Brodeur Won the Vezina in 2007-08.

MA Fleury 2011-12
              Regular Season: 42W, .913SV%, 2.36GAA
              Playoffs: 2W, .834SV%, 4.63GAA

Niemi 2010-11
              Regular Season: 35W, .920SV%, 2.38GAA
              Playoffs: 8W, .896SV%. 3.22GAA

Lundqqvist 2015-16
              Regular Season: 35W, .920SV%, 2.48GAA
              Playoffs: 1W, .867SV%, 4.39GAA

Price 2012-13
              Regular Season: 21W, .905SV%, 2.59GAA
              Playoffs: 1W, .894SV%. 3.26GAA

Those are just a couple guys (and in some cases just one of a couple examples) who had great regular seasons and then did bad in the playoffs..some of those guys are legends, some of them aren't, some of them have won Cups...some haven't.

this notion that Bob's the only goalie to ever have a great regular season and then flame out in the playoffs...is silly. Then there are other goalies...like say Pekka Rinne or Brayden Holtby who do a remarkable job and go nowhere...I mean you should look up their numbers, a one-tenth of a point drop in SV% or GAA is the difference between a 40+ win regular season and an out in 5 post season...which might...just might underscore the idea that a goaltender can really only go as far as the team in front of him is able to take him...

And then there's the whole "career numbers" argument which is a bit of a misdirect..that I'm sure you or someone else will want to argue...

Bob's played in 18 playoff games...and if that's what we're gonna go "career" numbers on ...so be it...here's one...and you can scream all you want...but it's your choosing, not mine..because I find career numbers with such a small sample set to be utterly stupid...Neuvirth's career playoff line looks like this: 13 playoff games, .933 SV% and 1.93 GAA...guessing the cutoff for "career playoff games" will be something less than 18...or maybe Neuvirth is an underappreciated goaltending god hampered by injury...who knows..what i do know is 18 games, 13 games, too small a sample..especially spread over 4 or 5 post season appearances...

Now you can kick and scream about this all you want....but very much earlier in this thread I said Bob needed to do better...and the Jackets needed to do better in front of him...you couldn't accept that...if anyone's superiority complex and need to be right has been on display in all of this..it's yours..

I mean ****-all...your argument is that no goalie but Bob has ever had a great regular season and a shit post season..it's literally insane...
              Last edited by Rev_Bully; 05-03-2017, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post
                So let's do this...first we'll start with some goalies...and their regular season versus playoff numbers in a given year

Brodeur 2007-08
                Regular Season: 44W, .920SV%, 2.17GAA
                Playoffs: 1W, .891SV% 3.19GAA
                Brodeur Won the Vezina in 2007-08.

MA Fleury 2011-12
                Regular Season: 42W, .913SV%, 2.36GAA
                Playoffs: 2W, .834SV%, 4.63GAA

Niemi 2010-11
                Regular Season: 35W, .920SV%, 2.38GAA
                Playoffs: 8W, .896SV%. 3.22GAA

Lundqqvist 2015-16
                Regular Season: 35W, .920SV%, 2.48GAA
                Playoffs: 1W, .867SV%, 4.39GAA

Price 2012-13
                Regular Season: 21W, .905SV%, 2.59GAA
                Playoffs: 1W, .894SV%. 3.26GAA
                So this all starts with me posting how horrific Bob's stats have looked in the playoffs and you defend him by saying other elite goalies have sucked in a similar manner. You start by proving your point by bringing Leighton to the table (I should have backed off at that moment...only someone with brain damage would bring a shit goalie like Leighton to support their argument).

Now you bring up a list of elite goalies that includes Nemo. Nice.

And lastly, you bring out single seasons for guys who have played in more playoff seasons than Bob's total wins in the playoffs.*

You have no leg to stand on with this type of defence to your love for a shit playoff goalie. Just stop.

Comment

• In fairness Anthony stated Bob needs to be better. He may (in all likelihood he will) get better. Like all players he needs to adapt to the playoff game. Just like McDavid is learning now.
                  Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

• Washington should be ashamed, regular season powerhouse again?!?!?!?! Just to clarify I would love to see an Alzner or a Carlsson on our first pairing with Provo, for about 5mil. The cap is a year to year, and if Andy MacD is gone after this year, along with Fillipula and Read, that frees up more than enough for re-signs. Who knows what 2018-2019/2019-2020 brings? Almost anybody is tradeable and no one is destructible. I wouldn't sit with cap space.

I'm not talking about 7+mil addition, but a solid minute eating vet for the kids, that is still only 26-28 yrs old and can grow with the club.

Theres others out there who might fit the bill for us, but Washington sits out like a sore thumb, because they've really gone for it.

Comment

• You're not good at this, it's like you don't realize every other post you made is still here for people to read...

So this all starts with me posting how horrific Bob's stats have looked in the playoffs and you defend him by saying other elite goalies have sucked in a similar manner.
                      No, I "defended" him by saying the jackets needed to score more and he needed to play better...but you've conveniently left that out of all your screeds....

You start by proving your point by bringing Leighton to the table (I should have backed off at that moment...only someone with brain damage would bring a shit goalie like Leighton to support their argument).
                      No, you tried to tie cap hit to playoff performance....which is when I brought up Leigton who made 600k to post phenomenal playoff numbers in 2010. You as I expected balked and sputtered and couldn;t even stick to your own point. Rather than say the Flyers got great value out of Leighton's run..you insisted he was one of the problems...

Which would be fine..if you weren't so keen on insisting the problem in CBJ is Bob...but again...you can't hold a cohesive position...

Now you bring up a list of elite goalies that includes Nemo. Nice.
                      Nope, never said all of the goalies mentioned were elite..."Those are just a couple guys (and in some cases just one of a couple examples) who had great regular seasons and then did bad in the playoffs..some of those guys are legends, some of them aren't, some of them have won Cups...some haven't."

You choosing to only quote what you feel like doesn't make the rest of what someone says irrelevant...you're not good at this..and I;m not a College Professor so I don;t need to tolerate your safe-space bullshit...

And lastly, you bring out single seasons for guys who have played in more playoff seasons than Bob's total wins in the playoffs.
                      Bob literally had two individual seasons of Playoff play to make any claims about and they're separated by a 2 season gap...2013-14 and 2016-17

Who do you want to compare him too?

Bob's played 18 playoff games total, in his career, you might not know that even tho it's on his stat sheet, and mentioned in this thread multiple times.

So are we limiting comparisons to Bob to players with 18 playoff games played? Or is this more of your bullshit because you have no clue how to support your hot take?

Maybe we limit it to goalies with 14 Playoff Starts?

Does this only work for goalies? Can we say McDavid is worse than Schenn because Schenn has twice the points in the Playoffs too...are you that feeble-minded? Or has the rage-boner gone past 4 hours and caused serious medical problems? The brain needs blood too, sport..

You have no leg to stand on with this type of defence to your love for a shit playoff goalie. Just stop.
                      My defense of Bobrovsky? Here's the 43rd post in this thread....this is "my defense." You're way too invested in Bob sucking to see anything else.

Where was the spin?

You won't answer a single relevant question but call it spin to point out you and many others took the opposite view of Mason last year?

Team scores 1 goal is it on the goalie if they lose? It's really that simple. Bob was bad, the Jackets as a whole were bad and as a whole underperformed. Not just at goaltender.

6th highest PPG average in the league but posted 2 or fewer in 3 of 5 games not relevant

Don't try to call someone out and then run away from all of the fact​s..

weird how you can't defend your take on Mason versus your take on Bob. I can defend mine.

Tired isn't an excuse. Mason looked bad and the Flyers didn't score enough to counter the pressure. You can't expect shutouts to carry you forward. Neuvirth stood on his head and literally stole things. The Caps have a choke issue.

Likewise Bob needs to do better and the Jackets need to score. MAF is not a great tender but the Pens play at another level in the playoffs. 1 or 2 goals isn't enough...Especially not when you were averaging over 3 in the regular season.

Now you try...
                      Now if you look, I say Bob needs to do better, I've never denied Bob needed to do more. Weird though how my point that a team needs to score more than 1 or 2 goals to win, especially against the Pens, is proving true in round 2 as well...

My "defense" of Bob was more so a statement that Bob wasn't the only guy to come up short in CBJ and trying to pin it on him was cheap stuff.

My "defense" of Bob was to point out that many Flyers fans/pundits trying to shred Bob this year insisted Mason being tired was a legit excuse for his shit performance last year, it call's into question the veracity of the criticism..Bob played and started 63 games this year...finished a Vezina finalist and Hart finalist...last year..when you and others accepted "tired" as an excuse for Mason? He played in 54 and started 53...wasn;t a Vezina or Hart finalist...my how exhasuted he must have been...

Now I'm done, you can scream your snowlfake scream into the void.

Oh and Lynchmob...Holtby's career playoff numbers? 56 Games Played, 27W, 2.00 GAA and .933SV%...probably need to bring more than 2 goals a game to beat the Pens...just saying..

Last edited by Rev_Bully; 05-04-2017, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X