2017 Playoffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vedder View Post
    We will be all those things really soon. Just give the kids a bit more time to hit their stride. Next year I think is going to be the start of a whole transition.
    Not sure if we will be able to put up the entertainment level the Leafs are putting out there. They have so much skill up front (something we are lacking and to be honest, our prospects don't carry the level of skill we're seeing with the Leafs). And for all the negatives i have heard about the Leafs defence...Reilly and Gardiner look solid.

Man...i hate that team...but sadly they are going to be good for a long time.

Comment

Who of the flyers prospects compare to Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Kapanen ? Maybe I missed something

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post

Not sure if we will be able to put up the entertainment level the Leafs are putting out there. They have so much skill up front (something we are lacking and to be honest, our prospects don't carry the level of skill we're seeing with the Leafs). And for all the negatives i have heard about the Leafs defence...Reilly and Gardiner look solid.

Man...i hate that team...but sadly they are going to be good for a long time.
        We'd probably make good trade partners with the Leafs

Their "core" is so young and talented, it's scary (they had 3 rookies put up 60+ points and their 4th rookie potted 20 g).

If they can add a D-man or two, watch out...

Matthews 18 y/o 69 pts
        JVR 27 y/o 62 pts
        Kadri 25 y/o 61 pts
        Nylander 20 y/o 61 pts
        Marner 19 y/o - 61 pts
        Brown 22 y/o 20 goals
        Kapanen 20 y/o cracked the team just before P.O
        Gardiner (D) - 26 y/o 43 pts
        Zaitsev (D) 24 y/o 36 pts
        Rielly (D) - 22 y/o 27 pts
        Andersen (G) 27 y/o stud in net
        Babcock - stud coach
        Last edited by Hexy's Axe; 04-18-2017, 03:20 PM.

Comment

thats what a #1, #4, #5, #7, #8 get you i guess?

But we should definitely try to keep making the playoffs no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by CLJ View Post
            Who of the flyers prospects compare to Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Kapanen ? Maybe I missed something
            Provorov, Sanheim, Lindblom, Konecny. True we don't and likely won't have a Matthews on our hands but we are building this team to be strong from the D out and once all those smooth puck movers are on this team it is going to be hella fun watching them drive play forward. I don't believe we will need as much depth on forward in that scenario. Just watch the Ottawa highlights nightly and see what Karlsson does on a nightly basis.

Comment

Ok, need some help, can someone explain the god awful goaltender interference rule? Watched a Caps player get pushed into the Leafs goalie, d-man held him there AND the goalie was hooking his leg with his stick and had an arm on him while the caps were busy scoring a goal that was disallowed.

Comment

Originally posted by joehockey View Post
                Ok, need some help, can someone explain the god awful goaltender interference rule? Watched a Caps player get pushed into the Leafs goalie, d-man held him there AND the goalie was hooking his leg with his stick and had an arm on him while the caps were busy scoring a goal that was disallowed.
                there is lack of consistency.

Comment

I've seen some of the most questionable penalties in these playoffs, than I've ever seen previously. Like CLJ said, it's not the calls themselves, but the consistency. The Bruins were out and out screwed the other night when Ryan should've been called for a hit to the head, and then the retaliation brings the penalty that leads to the winning goal. Then over the course of a game, in virtually all of them, the refs are calling everything, and then just stop midway through the 2nd period, and let everything except the most minute penalties go. It's maddening.

Comment

Originally posted by CLJ View Post

there is lack of consistency.
                    This has been a consistent problem for decades.

Comment

Originally posted by joehockey View Post
                      I can explain that call for you in seven words:

Chris Lee, worst ref in NHL history.

Comment

Working...
                      X