X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It went under review though.

Comment

Originally posted by joehockey View Post
      Ok, need some help, can someone explain the god awful goaltender interference rule? Watched a Caps player get pushed into the Leafs goalie, d-man held him there AND the goalie was hooking his leg with his stick and had an arm on him while the caps were busy scoring a goal that was disallowed.
      Yeah, very strange. That was "interference" but in the last Preds/Chicago game, Crawford got his stick chopped and hit in the head, but the goal was allowed. I know he was out of the crease, but I don't see how the contact was "incidental." If he hadn't been hit he probably makes the save and the Hawks win.

The League needs to tune up this rule because, as some of the announcers said, it's really hard to tell what goalie interference is anymore.

What would Fred do?

Comment

buh bye Hawks

Comment

Wow, exciting OT in Edmonton.

Those kids can skate.
          What would Fred do?

Comment

Justin Williams gets his 36th playoff goal in OT tonight.

Williams for Danny Markov,

who played 34 games for the Flyers,

and was traded the next year for a third round pick,

that was moved with JR to LA for future considerations.

As George Takai would say,

Oh my!
            What would Fred do?

Comment

Originally posted by Foggy View Post
              Justin Williams gets his 36th playoff goal in OT tonight.

Williams for Danny Markov,

who played 34 games for the Flyers,

and was traded the next year for a third round pick,

that was moved with JR to LA for future considerations.

As George Takai would say,

Oh my!
              Thanks for the reminder. After I had commented for about the 5th time last night "glad we got rid of that guy" I couldn't for the life of my remember who we traded him for.

Comment

As much as it pains me to say it, watching the Caps/Leafs series has been extremely entertaining. The combination of high tempo, elite skill set, extreme speed and 60-minute physicality have been great to watch, however it is a painful reminder how far the Flyers are away from playing this brand of hockey.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not a fan of either team, but the hockey has been entertaining.

It pains me to say it, but the Leafs look like a very well coached team, especially with all their young players.

They paid a boatload to get Babcock, but he's getting results.

And his huuuuge salary doesn't count against the cap.
                  What would Fred do?

Comment

Originally posted by Foggy View Post

Yeah, very strange. That was "interference" but in the last Preds/Chicago game, Crawford got his stick chopped and hit in the head, but the goal was allowed. I know he was out of the crease, but I don't see how the contact was "incidental." If he hadn't been hit he probably makes the save and the Hawks win.

The League needs to tune up this rule because, as some of the announcers said, it's really hard to tell what goalie interference is anymore.
                    Inconsistent enforcement of the rules is the league's hallmark.
                    ShavedChimpanzee Podcast

5,000 listeners and growing

Comment

Never thought the Wild would get knocked out that quickly...

Comment

Working...
                      X