2017 Playoffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CLJ View Post
    Last year, felt like the voters gave it to Crosby as a lifetime achievement award. I know this year, some media members lobbied to have it go to the Pens goalies, so a dual award for Murray and MAF yet this was not allowed. Guentzel and Malkin were also worthy of it.
    When you're on the team with The Best Player In The World, you should never expect to win any individual awards, no matter how good you are. You're not The Best Player In The World, so you get nothing.

Comment

• Happens in pretty much every sport. Tom Brady and LeBron get the same treatment.

So frikin tired of all of this shit. My life sucks...seriously. I LOVE my teams...and that is clearly the kiss of death for them. But that isn't the end of it...i then have to watch pretty much every team i cheer against win. What the heck have i done to deserve this misery? WHY??? WHY!!!!

Here's the Kiss of Death...hoping i can get things changed quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by smkruzik View Post
        Paul?
        All I know is his first initial is P, so it must be Paul.

Lol
        "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

• I don't usually watch PTI, but had it on today. They talked about how bad the Preds no goal was, and talked up conspiracy theories. Those guys are not necessarily bastions of honor, but good to hear some national press bring it up.

Comment

• there's good article over at hockeybuzz by Paul Stewart, the former ref. He's somewhat able to show that the refs "do the best they can" and it's the league's priorities and interpretations that ultimately make them scapegoats for obvious blunders like this. I don't think the refs should get as free of a pass as he thinks; but it does go to show just how much influence the NHL/NHLPA have on how officials run the rink.

The link is the current article, and his past ones are linked at the end; and he's had a few now that addressed Crosby slamming Subban's head, and the ridiculousness of the coaches challenge for hairline offsides calls.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Paul-...mare/196/85690
            "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

• Every cup they won/win with Crosby, Malkin, Fleury is tainted with stink of collusion with the league and seems hollow. Sure they won but not because the organization earned it, they were handed it. They were given rediculous assets to form the backbone of a team that they NEVER should have had.
              "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

• https://www.nhl.com/.../froliks.../t...380/c-45439403

So why couldn't the officials get together to make the right call on Sunday?

Comment

• <<So why couldn't the officials get together to make the right call on Sunday?>>

Cause it's the PENGUINS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hattrix View Post
                    Every cup they won/win with Crosby, Malkin, Fleury is tainted with stink of collusion with the league and seems hollow. Sure they won but not because the organization earned it, they were handed it. They were given rediculous assets to form the backbone of a team that they NEVER should have had.
                    Not sure I understand this. In 03 they traded up to the top spot and took Fleury. In 04 they lost the lottery when Washington moved up and got the top pick so they got Malkin at 2. Then 05 was the lockout so they got 3 ping pong balls and won the lottery and took Crosby.

Comment

• I was under the assumption that the Crosby lottery was fixed behind closed doors and it magically happened that Pitts got the lottery pick.

Comment

Working...
                      X