2017 Playoffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vedder View Post
    Never thought the Wild would get knocked out that quickly...
    They've been in a tailspin for about the last 10 games of the regular season...strange how after the good moves at the trade deadline brought even more strength to an already powerful team, everything unravelled.

Comment

Originally posted by Foggy View Post
      As George Takai would say,

Oh my!
      Fyi, he turned 70 a day before your post.

Comment

Go Habs Go. My 2 rags fans expect them to lose tonight and win game 7.

Comment

Takei just turned 80. He's still got a lot of energy, but I thought the April Fool's joke suggesting he would run for office in 2018 was a pretty obvious AF given his age.

Columbus won 16 games in a row this season and they are out in the first round.
          Hawks got shut down pretty hard.
          Sharks back to their old habits of peaking too soon and exiting the playoffs early. Marleau and Thorton heading into free agency. Wouldn't be surprised to hear the words "blow up" about that team soonish. It's funny how the Bay Area media can barely be bothered to mention the Sharks. Especially the SF Chronicle, which will put non-game-day stories about the Warriors above the fold and bury the Sharks.

Comment

Aaron Portzline‏ @Aportzline

We've been banging on it all series, but the numbers are glaring:#CBJ Bobrovsky's post-season career: 3-10-1 w a 3.63 GAA and .887 save %.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
              Aaron Portzline‏ @Aportzline

We've been banging on it all series, but the numbers are glaring:#CBJ Bobrovsky's post-season career: 3-10-1 w a 3.63 GAA and .887 save %.
              Games 1 and 2, Columbus scored a single goal...

How many teams are beating the Penguins with 1 goal?

Sorry, lived thru watching Cechmanek get blamed for losing to ottawa...

you spot a team two games and then try to blame the goalie?!

They were 1-2 in games they scored 2 or more goals in...not great..but not out of the ordinary....

No one seems to be talking about how CBJ averaged 3.012 PPG in the regualr season...6th best in the league....and managed to top 2 goals twice int he series...

meanwhile, Pittsburgh who averaged 3.39 ppg in the regular season (best in the league) just kept on rolling...

I can;t...I just really can't...

I need to know what exactly Bob was supposed to do short of pitch 2 shutouts, and hold the Pens to 1 or less in game 5 to take the series..

Jeebus christ...they lost 5-4 in OT in game 3, they lost, 5-2 in game 5, they lost 4-1 in game 2 and 3-1 in game 3..

How about show the **** up on the scoreboard?!

the Penguins were 17th in GA during the regular season...17th!!!

Where the hell was the scoring?!

Literally...watched the Flyers get shutout in 3 games against Ottawa and have every wagging head out there blame the goaltender...cause ya know..he's one of those Ruskies...I just cant do this kinda shit anymore..its ****ing stupid.
              Last edited by Rev_Bully; 04-25-2017, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Not just that; but Bob had to be getting a little run down from playing so much. Before this season he played 58, 51, and last year's injury plagued 37. This year it was 63. I'm sure he wouldn't use the excuse; but even the CBJ hockeybuzz blogger mentioned this as well as the Jackets committing the same errors that make us want to bash our heads against the walls when we see our guys do it to Mason/Neuvy; their D all but disappeared and let Bob hang out to dry. His stat line should be a bigger reflection on the guys in front of him.

He definitely wasn't as sharp as he was in the regular season; but I can't understand how you can lay the blame squarely at his feet. I didn't really think of it; but Rev's right; almost too eerily similar to that Ottawa series so many years ago.
                "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

Funny how the same people who get upset when posters make excuses for Mason, are willing to make the same excuses for Bob…

The numbers are what they are...

He’s been a very good regular season goalie, and has shit the bed more time than not in the playoffs.

Even if you take out his wins and losses, his SV% and GAA is abysmal (which has nothing to do with how many goals your team scores).

Comment

I'm pretty sure I just defended Mason in the last post along with Bobrovsky. Goalie stats are so hard to read because it can always be affected by the team playing in front of you.

numbers are what they are huh?

Under your rules for what makes a playoff goalie good or bad would mean that Micheal Leighton's 2.46 GAA and .916 SP% in 2010 must make him an incredible goalie, rest of the team be damned. Definitely had nothing to do with Pronger, Timmonen, Coburn, and Carle.

And there's no way the Pens could win a cup with MAF. His playoff record isn't exactly stellar. Oh wait; the TEAM had speed and scoring.
                    "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

Rev...so i guess a guy who is getting paid almost $7.5 million shouldn't be putting up better numbers than he has in the playoffs? I'm not putting the blame on him...but he was clearly out played by Fleury, show is an average goalie IMO.

And while Bob's career playoff numbers are ugly overall, let me take away his horrible experience in Philly and show you what he has done for the BJs:

Games: 11
                      Started: 10
                      Wins; 3
                      Losses: 8
                      GA: 40
                      Mins: 687
                      Shots: 388
                      Saves: 348
                      GAA: 3.49
                      SV%: 0.897

No matter how many goals a team is scoring, if your goalie is making $7.5 and putting up these numbers...you're going to be getting some of the blame. But you're right...what could Bob have done.

Let me pull one of your classic moves...here are two unnamed goalies...can you identify which one is one you sh!t on pretty regularly and which one you find easy excuses for?

Season GP GS W L GA SA SV SV% GAA SO MIN
                      Career 18 13 3 10 55 487 432 0.887 3.63 0 910
                      Season GP GS W L GA SA SV SV% GAA SO MIN
                      Career 12 11 2 9 37 351 314 0.895 3.37 0 659

My original post was truly to point out how bad Bob has played in his career in the playoffs. You reply to that with typical Rev-ionist story telling. That is what is truly tiring.

You say that "I can;t...I just really can't..." What exactly can't you do? Be honest and confirm a player you have propped up plain sucks in the playoffs and is WAY overpaid?

Puhhhlease!

Comment

Working...
                      X