No announcement yet.

2017 Playoffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, the League's best road team blows three two-goal leads.

Pageau with four goals, including the OT winner.

Suck it, Rags.

Go Sens!
    What would Fred do?

Comment

As pleasurable it is to see the Rags in a hole...watching the Pens methodical deconstruction of the Caps is troubling.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
        As pleasurable it is to see the Rags in a hole...watching the Pens methodical deconstruction of the Caps is troubling.
        Yep.

With a defense of Maatta, Schultz, Daley, Dumoulin, Cole and Hainsey I'm not sure how they're getting this done.

Good coaching and solid play from Flower helps, but I'm pretty convinced that Pittsburgh sold its soul to the devil.
        What would Fred do?

Comment

watching the Pens methodical deconstruction of the Caps is troubling.
          Same as it ever was--too many guys on the Caps not willing to pay the price. Shattenkirk has been abysmal (-7 in 8 games), Orpik's been terrible, no secondary scoring, and goaltending has been average.

Caps seem to me like the mid-90s thru early-aughts Flyers. World beaters in the regular season, who fold up when bounces start going against them in the playoffs. I can't imagine it's easy to line up against the same hungry dudes every other night for two weeks.

As much as I hate the Pens, watching Ovi and the Caps lose in the playoffs again is more fun than watching Pittsburgh lose.
          ShavedChimpanzee Podcast

5,000 listeners and growing

Comment

Originally posted by Foggy View Post

Yep.

With a defense of Maatta, Schultz, Daley, Dumoulin, Cole and Hainsey I'm not sure how they're getting this done.

Good coaching and solid play from Flower helps, but I'm pretty convinced that Pittsburgh sold its soul to the devil.
            THAT is the most ridiculous part about all of this. And on top of that MAF in nets. I'm sure my BFF Rev can rehash some of his thoughts about how a #1 dman is not required to win in the playoffs...has been done.

Comment

THAT is the most ridiculous part about all of this. And on top of that MAF in nets. I'm sure my BFF Rev can rehash some of his thoughts about how a #1 dman is not required to win in the playoffs...has been done.
              Penguins have played 7 playoff games and have yet to score less than 3 goals in a game...that's a recipe for success no matter who your goalie or defense men are..

The Pens after 7 games have 30 goals for, the next closest team has 24...they have a GPG average of 4.29, the next closest team is at 3.43

Scoring goals heals a lot of ills on a team...Guentzel has been ridiculous...

A team doesn't "need" anything to win but luck...if any of these recipes for success and must haves were true...someone would have constructed an unbeaten team by now..lord knows the Rangers (and to a lesser extent Philly) tried buying success before the cap...

EDIT: But losing Sid for any length of time could expose all of those ills...
              Last edited by Rev_Bully; 05-01-2017, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post
                EDIT: But losing Sid for any length of time could expose all of those ills...
                Not sure if you edited after the injury...but if he is gone, it will be interesting to see how they respond. Looking at the guys on the ice with Cindy lying on the ice, i am pretty sure one of the guys said "Sh!t...how will we be able to play without him?"

Seriously, i'm not sure how intentional the "cross-check" was. If anything, i thought OV's intent was to injure more than Niskanen.

Comment

It was a collision and the stick was up. Cindy was falling and going down (add joke here) , but the stick contact was to the head.

for those that dis MAF, he has made sone great save late in the 2nd.

Comment

And the Caps winning goal whizzed By MAF, bad goal.

Comment

that was a bullshit major eh? total celebrity call. glad caps didn't lose cuz of that.

i do feel bad for sid tho. just unfortunate and hopefully it looked worse than it is

Comment

Working...
                      X