No announcement yet.

2017 Playoffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

with Washington continuing to choke, they have a massive list of UFAs this year with big names shattenkirk, oshie, Williams, alzner all becoming UFAs. I think Alzner or Shattenkirk (or in trade Carlsson), would make a nice top pairing partner for Provo.
    If the Caps choke out again, I think they'll need some youth and cheaper contracts.
    Having the 2nd overall pick to add to a top 6 mix of Fillipula, Giroux, Schenn, Vorachek, Simmonds and Koneckny makes me feel better. Would love to see Rubotsov, Sanheim and Morin make the jump next year.
    But an alzner or Shattenkirk with Provo would immediately give us two nice pairs with goat and gudas

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
      Looking at the guys on the ice with Cindy lying on the ice, i am pretty sure one of the guys said "Sh!t...how will we be able to play without him?"
      If Crosby is out, I wouldn't be surprised to see Malkin go into his Crosby-is-gone-now-I-am-king beast mode that he seems to do whenever Crosby is injured.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerwise View Post
        with Washington continuing to choke, they have a massive list of UFAs this year with big names shattenkirk, oshie, Williams, alzner all becoming UFAs. I think Alzner or Shattenkirk (or in trade Carlsson), would make a nice top pairing partner for Provo.
        If the Caps choke out again, I think they'll need some youth and cheaper contracts.
        Having the 2nd overall pick to add to a top 6 mix of Fillipula, Giroux, Schenn, Vorachek, Simmonds and Koneckny makes me feel better. Would love to see Rubotsov, Sanheim and Morin make the jump next year.
        But an alzner or Shattenkirk with Provo would immediately give us two nice pairs with goat and gudas
        And then you lose the money to resign Simmonds...who should be getting a rather healthy raise...

...and a number of the kids who will be up for better deals in the next few years..

IMO, going after high dollar players whether they are goalies or defensemen, or forwards..is a bad move. These are the moves that put us in stagnation for the better of the last 10 years. Repeating them isn't likely to payoff...

get this team to the point it is a perennial playoff team and then you look to make those kinds of move...we're just starting construction and folks are eyeing the finishing touches...

Comment

I gotta say I'm surprised at the heart the Caps showed in OT. I was sure they were going to enter into an epic "fold" mode.

Comment

After watching Malkin (and Neal) run around and hit people in the head with no repercussions, I don't feel sorry for Cindy. Karma is a bitch - and so is Cindy.

Comment

Originally posted by hellfish21 View Post
              After watching Malkin (and Neal) run around and hit people in the head with no repercussions, I don't feel sorry for Cindy. Karma is a bitch - and so is Cindy.
              I agree. It's when a LaFontaine or Sami Kapanen who play hard and clean get cheap shotted that I feel bad for them. Cindy has speared people, slew footed people, and done a lot of shit that should have netted him suspensions, but didn't. I'm probably in the minority, but I hope his career is now permanently on a HUGE down-swing, like Lindros after the Stevens hit. I wouldn't shed 1 tear if he left the game. Hate him!
              "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Just to revisit...

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
                Bob is worse when you consider the team is playing him 7.5
                Finalist for the Vezina...

Finalist for the Hart...

...Second year of that 7.5m per deal...
                Last edited by Rev_Bully; 05-02-2017, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Chokes under pressure it would seem
                  Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

Bouncing between watching the 2000 game 3 vs pens marathon and the current game. Kinda funny to go from seeing Bouchey in goal and seing him interview players.

Comment

Originally posted by evee1234 View Post
                      Chokes under pressure it would seem
                      /shrug if you say so...seems like they all choked in Columbus..

...meanwhile...the regular season..where he gets paid 7.5m to play...'he's a Vezina and Hart finalist...'...I'll take that choking under pressure...

....what exactly did 4.2m buy the Flyers the last 3 years? Other than chasing the playoffs and being exhausted?!

Last edited by Rev_Bully; 05-02-2017, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X