X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CLJ
    started a topic 2017 Playoffs

2017 Playoffs

A few games into each of the first sound series, surprised at the Blues with a 3-0 lead as the Wild have carried most the play. Chicago can't score. Pens are rolling again. Games aside, Brian Boucher does a fantastic job as color commentator. Really like his insight to the telecast.

• toothless joe
    replied
    Bettman's logic!!!
    loves those Penguinis

Leave a comment:

• zjgm02
    replied
    Originally posted by swami24 View Post
    "It slipped... not my fault."
    You sound like a conspiracy crazy to say the refs clearly favored the Pens in the finals, but not nearly as crazy as thinking all the breaks naturally went against Nashville. From Nashville's very first goal of the series being disallowed shortly before Pittsburgh was given a full 5-on-3 PP on a borderline call and chickensh!t call respectively I was quickly reminded why I stopped giving a sh!t about this league. I saw bits and pieces of game 6. The quick whistle and then borderline goalie interference on the GWG was enough to make me turn the channel.

Leave a comment:

• Hattrix
    replied
    I was under the assumption that the Crosby lottery was fixed behind closed doors and it magically happened that Pitts got the lottery pick.

Leave a comment:

• CLJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Hattrix View Post
    Every cup they won/win with Crosby, Malkin, Fleury is tainted with stink of collusion with the league and seems hollow. Sure they won but not because the organization earned it, they were handed it. They were given rediculous assets to form the backbone of a team that they NEVER should have had.
    Not sure I understand this. In 03 they traded up to the top spot and took Fleury. In 04 they lost the lottery when Washington moved up and got the top pick so they got Malkin at 2. Then 05 was the lockout so they got 3 ping pong balls and won the lottery and took Crosby.

Leave a comment:

• Flyers Fan In Phoenix
    replied
    <<So why couldn't the officials get together to make the right call on Sunday?>>

Cause it's the PENGUINS.

Leave a comment:

• lynchmob450
    replied
    https://www.nhl.com/.../froliks.../t...380/c-45439403

So why couldn't the officials get together to make the right call on Sunday?

Leave a comment:

• Hattrix
    replied
    Every cup they won/win with Crosby, Malkin, Fleury is tainted with stink of collusion with the league and seems hollow. Sure they won but not because the organization earned it, they were handed it. They were given rediculous assets to form the backbone of a team that they NEVER should have had.

Leave a comment:

• smkruzik
    replied
    there's good article over at hockeybuzz by Paul Stewart, the former ref. He's somewhat able to show that the refs "do the best they can" and it's the league's priorities and interpretations that ultimately make them scapegoats for obvious blunders like this. I don't think the refs should get as free of a pass as he thinks; but it does go to show just how much influence the NHL/NHLPA have on how officials run the rink.

The link is the current article, and his past ones are linked at the end; and he's had a few now that addressed Crosby slamming Subban's head, and the ridiculousness of the coaches challenge for hairline offsides calls.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Paul-...mare/196/85690

Leave a comment:

• swami24
    replied
    I don't usually watch PTI, but had it on today. They talked about how bad the Preds no goal was, and talked up conspiracy theories. Those guys are not necessarily bastions of honor, but good to hear some national press bring it up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X