Sabres clean house

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sabres clean house

Hear that Eichel made it known that he would not sign an extension if Bylsma was the coach...i guess the kid held the hammer for the owner. Nice.

some context...

https://www.nhl.com/news/dan-bylsma-...lo/c-288957520

Eichel on Wednesday denied a report he has no desire to sign a contract extension with the Sabres if Bylsma were to remain as coach next season. The 20-year-old center will enter the final year of his three-year entry-level contract and can sign an extension beginning July 1. He could become a restricted free agent following the 2017-18 season.
    "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

Bylsma is still guilty of why he fell out of favor in Pittsburgh... he doesn't make in game adjustments (or adjustments at all really), and it's glaringly evident.

Murray is a funny story, really. He's given out some hefty contracts that may hurt the team in the long run, and the Lehner move is questionable at best, and horrible at worst considering the other goalies that were available at that draft.

People like Murray because he made some good clean-house moves during the tank, but overvalue how much he got in return because teams were overpaying at the deadline. At the end of the day, he's an ok GM, but he wasn't making smart moves. He has done virtually nothing to improve the team's goaltending or defense.

In 5 years, will people be happy with O'Reilly (31 years old) and Okposo (34 years old) taking up about 15-20% of the cap? That doesn't even factor in what Eichel and Reinhart will be making by that time. Where's the money going to come from to fix the defense and goalie?

I've frankly never understood why everyone here in Buffalo loved Murray. He strikes me as an idiot. Giving up so much for Lehner and taking on a bad contract when he could've gone for Talbot or Jones instead was insane. And I can't believe I've actually heard an NHL General Manager use the phrase "I won't smack him in the pee pee for that" in reference to punishing a player. Like... Jesus Christ.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
        Hear that Eichel made it known that he would not sign an extension if Bylsma was the coach...i guess the kid held the hammer for the owner. Nice.
        Eichel has just named himself the captain, coach and GM of the Sabres

Comment

Murray is an idiot. His treatment of Nolan for winning games spoke volumes lol. Trade away anyone who competed in the hope of landing McDavid and then missing out on him. He then laid the blame at Nolans feet saying it wasn't s last place team lol. He's a moron.
          Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by evee1234 View Post
            Murray is an idiot. His treatment of Nolan for winning games spoke volumes lol. Trade away anyone who competed in the hope of landing McDavid and then missing out on him. He then laid the blame at Nolans feet saying it wasn't s last place team lol. He's a moron.
            While I agree Murray is an idiot, sometimes it's also luck...

The Sabres could have had Ekblad, McDavid and Babcock....instead they ended up with Reinhart, Eichel and Bylsma.

We're probably not having this conversation today if things went the other way....maybe the Hockey Gods got the last laugh after all

Comment

Yep, kharma for the shabby way Nolan was treated.
              What would Fred do?

Comment

Has there been any updates on Kyle Okposo? Last I heard was he was in ICU but no comments on his exact condition.

Comment

He was.in Neuro ICU, which can't be good. Tumor, stroke, anurysm.... I poked around and found no updates, which the media.only respects when something is serious.

Comment

Working...
                  X