Simmonds up for the NHL foundation award

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simmonds up for the NHL foundation award

It's between him and Travis Hamonic of the Isles. I'm sure there are a lot of players who really give a lot of themselves in time and money. It's nice to see that the judges feel he's even far and above the usual charitable giving.

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-foundat...?tid=280503612

Travis Hamonic of the New York Islanders and Wayne Simmonds of the Philadelphia Flyers were named finalists for the NHL Foundation Player Award, which is presented to "an NHL player who applies the core values of hockey -- commitment, perseverance and teamwork -- to enrich the lives of people in his community."
    NHL teams submitted nominations for the award, and the finalists were selected by a judging panel. The NHL Foundation will present $25,000 to the chosen charitable organization of the recipient.
    The winner will be announced at the 2017 NHL Humanitarian Awards at the Encore at Wynn Las Vegas on June 20 and recognized at the 2017 NHL Awards at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on June 21 (7:30 p.m. ET; NBCSN, SN).
    "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Awesome just to be a finalist.
    "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

People need to pay more attention to athletes who get it.

Comment

Working...
      X