Nolan vs Nico

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post

My understanding is that Patrick is NHL ready. I have not the same about Hischier (but i'm assuming he'd be right with Patrick).
    Button said the other day (when he came out with his latest list with NJ taking Nico first) that he believes Nico is NHL ready.
    "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Cram View Post
      Some (including McCagg) are speculating NJD might go for D Miro Heiskanen first.
      Sure hope that happens. Their last first round, Euro dman was amazing.

Comment

Hexy has the easiest job at this years draft. Whoever falls to #2, he picks and says "he was our guy all along".

The debate between Nico and Nolan is really interesting...

Nolan is your typical big center who can do it all, and put up big numbers in his pre-draft year. However, he is a late birthday and his injuries are a concern. Saw an article that traced back to when he was 13, and he pretty much misses a quarter of every season....

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/p...-1-2017-draft/

His connection with Provy and Hexy's old club does provide some sentimental value to the pick

Nico on the other hand is a late bloomer/riser who's seen as more dynamic (can play C or W) but lacks size and played in a more offensive league. Impressive year including a great performance at the WJHC.

Either way, I think the Flyers will end up with an excellent player that will grow nicely with our current crop of D-men.

Comment

Originally posted by Hexy's Axe View Post
          Hexy has the easiest job at this years draft. Whoever falls to #2, he picks and says "he was our guy all along".
          What if the Debs go off the board? Like that Mittelstadt or Vilardi

Something the BSH just brought up is that Nico is eligible to play in the AHL next season, while Nolan isn't. That is interesting, although i'd hope whoever is selected at #2 won't need AHL time.

Comment

I saw one mock draft where NJ selected the Finnish defenseman Heiskanen 1st overall. I think that is highly unlikely though.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post

What if the Debs go off the board? Like that Mittelstadt or Vilardi

Something the BSH just brought up is that Nico is eligible to play in the AHL next season, while Nolan isn't. That is interesting, although i'd hope whoever is selected at #2 won't need AHL time.
              I highly doubt it. "If" those are their targets, I'm pretty certain they'd trade down to 3 or 4 and Nico or Nolan would still get taken with the 1-2 picks. I guess anything could happen, but it certainly appears like a two horse race right now...

Comment

I agree...its a two horse race. And i'll be content with either that falls to us. This will be our offensive building block for years to come.

Comment

You never know what's BS and what's not, but Hextall didn't sound so locked in during his interview with NHLN yesterday. At a minimum it sounds like they're going to review all possibilities even if it's just to determine whether they'd have comfort in moving down a few spots.
                  "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

I am all for picking one of Nico or Nolan... but some out of the box thinking would be to pick Heiskanen who could very well be another Provorov, then trade one of our D prospects for a #1 center. We don't have to wait 1-2 years for this draft pick to pan out, and we space out our D prospects a bit more rather than have them all come up at once.

I still think picking 1 of the top 2 is the best play here and am stoked to get either of those guys!

Comment

Clarke & Homer probably lobbying to get centerman Micheal Rasmussen who is 6'6 and 215lbs; ranked #5

Comment

Working...
                      X