Nolan vs Nico

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EDMFLYERSFAN View Post
    Clarke & Homer probably lobbying to get centerman Micheal Rasmussen who is 6'6 and 215lbs; ranked #5
    We could use some size, but I don't see how you can pass up Patrick or Hischier. We can add size in the ensuing rounds of the draft.

Comment

At 6'3 200 lbs Patrick has plenty of size and apparently he plays with an edge.

Comment

If neither is close to a sure thing, why not deal the pick for something useful now and move down 5-10 spots?
        ShavedChimpanzee Podcast

5,000 listeners and growing

Comment

like i said in another thread..regarding a trade i think..same here..only reason to go off the board is if Jersey takes Nico and the injury history/reports on Patrick scare them off

Comment

Originally posted by zjgm02 View Post
            If neither is close to a sure thing...
            What does a "sure thing" mean to you? The kids in this draft didn't just start playing hockey last year...nor are any looked upon as being right from the start franchise players (ie. McDavid, Matthews). But when Ovechkin and Malkin were drafted, they were not considered franchise players either...nor was P.Kane and many other great players in the NHL.

The way I look at it...when you get a chance at a #2 overall pick...you make the pick. Anyone you acquire in a trade won't have the ceiling that the kid picked second will. Also...getting a kid who might be a player we can build off of is great from a cap perspective for at least 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450

What does a "sure thing" mean to you? The kids in this draft didn't just start playing hockey last year...nor are any looked upon as being right from the start franchise players (ie. McDavid, Matthews). But when Ovechkin and Malkin were drafted, they were not considered franchise players either...nor was P.Kane and many other great players in the NHL.

The way I look at it...when you get a chance at a #2 overall pick...you make the pick. Anyone you acquire in a trade won't have the ceiling that the kid picked second will. Also...getting a kid who might be a player we can build off of is great from a cap perspective for at least 3 years.
              Exactly.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

agree with lynchmob and rev. One of the only things I'd give up the 2nd pick for is Draisaitl, but 1) I don't think Edmonton would do that, and 2) Draisaitl is now an RFA so who knows what he needs to be paid this summer.
                Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
                Official Facebook
                Official Twitter

Comment

Ovechkin was most certainly expected to be a franchise player. So much so that Florida tried to use some leap year loop hole to select him as a 17 year old a year earlier.

Comment

2016-2017 top 10 scorers with their draft position:
                    1st place - #1 overall
                    2nd place - #1 overall
                    3rd place - #1 overall
                    4th place - #4 overall
                    5th place - #58 overall
                    6th place - #71 overall
                    7th place - #7 overall
                    8th place - #3 overall
                    9th place - #20 overall
                    10th place - #16 overall

stamkos (#1) and malkin (#2) would be there if it weren't for injury, and you'd expect laine (#2), matthews (#1), and eichel (#2) to be there soon.

Comment

Philadelphia Flyers #1
                      Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
                      The rest of the 28 teams can KMA!

Comment

Working...
                      X