Nolan vs Nico

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phillymac14 View Post
    At 6'3 200 lbs Patrick has plenty of size and apparently he plays with an edge.
    Not busting balls, just trying to add to the conversation.

Grant McCagg of www.recrutes.ca says scouts he talks to say Patrick "does not play a hard game" and McCagg himself said Patrick is often "a lazy backchecker".

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Cram View Post

Not busting balls, just trying to add to the conversation.

Grant McCagg of www.recrutes.ca says scouts he talks to say Patrick "does not play a hard game" and McCagg himself said Patrick is often "a lazy backchecker".
      I'm not expert on the guy. I thought I read that but I could be wrong. It won't be the first time. He does have plenty of size though. Also, everything I read said he is a great 2 way hockey player. I never heard anything about him being a lazy backchecker. I have read that about Nico though.

Comment

He writes a lot of clickbait. I'd take him with a grain of salt.

Comment

Yeah, I'm no expert, either. I would be happy with either one. One interesting variation on the draft is if NJD takes Miro Heiskanen first.

We could certainly use Patrick's size at C but Hischier is no shrimp at 6' 1". Biggest difference is Patrick has already grown into his frame; Hischier still needs to gain weight.

Any way you cut it, the Flyers were tremendously fortunate to move up so many places. We're going to get a good player who should shorten our timeline for Stanley Cup contention.

Comment

Yeah, I'm no expert, either. I would be happy with either one. One interesting variation on the draft is if NJD takes Miro Heiskanen first.

We could certainly use Patrick's size at C but Hischier is no shrimp at 6' 1". Biggest difference is Patrick has already grown into his frame; Hischier still needs to gain weight.

Any way you cut it, the Flyers were tremendously fortunate to move up so many places. We're going to get a good player who should shorten our timeline for Stanley Cup contention.
            This is very true. I'm just hoping whoever it is plays well enough in camp to make the team. I'm ready for the team to be filled with the young kids that are the future, even if that means they struggle a little.

Comment

Just in case any of you have an extra couple of hours on your side, here is a YouTube video showing every Nolan Patrick shift from 6 games in the 16-17 season. If any of you do watch this, can you please provide a 5,000 word summary on what you saw

Comment

Here are a couple of articles from CSN Philly with feedback from the GMs who watched Nolan and Nico:

Nico - http://www.csnphilly.com/philadelphi...star-long-time

Nolan - http://www.csnphilly.com/philadelphi...randon-gm-says

The more i read, the more i realize that either of these guys will make a very positive impact on the Flyers. I'm still leaning Nico...but man i'd be excited having Nolan to watch for years to come.

Comment

I'd rather have Nico due to Nolan's injury concerns.

Comment

So I wonder, are these two generational talent, as we all do. So what would it take to trade the pick? What do we think would be enough? So many teams interviewed these guys, there will obviously be offers. Hexy is playing it right so far. I doubt there would be a Lindros type offer, but would it really take?

Comment

Originally posted by swami24 View Post
                      So I wonder, are these two generational talent, as we all do. So what would it take to trade the pick? What do we think would be enough? So many teams interviewed these guys, there will obviously be offers. Hexy is playing it right so far. I doubt there would be a Lindros type offer, but would it really take?
                      They are nowhere near the ability of Lindros. There may be offers but it wont be blockbuster type offers IMO. They are just not that type of player. Good and will help but not superstar material.
                      Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

Working...
                      X