No announcement yet.

Nolan vs Nico

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The the thing that could drive up the offers is the so many teams are interested and have interviewed them.

Comment

unless it is a lindros type deal...hextall should stay where he is..but again we are not talking about Crosby, McDavid, Matthews,Stamkos or even Eichel

Comment

So again, it is a bit of a nebulous question, but what would be a worthy package? 13 or 14 teams interrviewed each of these guys. That is 13 possible packages. What would it take from Colo at 4, or a team in the 8 to 11 range, like set, buff or La?

Comment

Maybe​ teams have interest because they don't expect a steep asking price...

Folks including on this board, until the Flyers landed the 2, insisted this was a bad draft..

Now there's two guys, not just one, who are deemed walk on ready to be impact NHLers.

Shirt of getting a cap friendly top 9 forward under 30, a mid level or better prospect under 22 (first 3 round pick type guy) a return 1 this year and 1 in one of the next 2 years... I will don't think Hextall should bother

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

That is a really good analysis, except I would say a top 6 not 9 forward, and more specifically, a scoring wing. I would be really happy with a scoring wing and 2 firsts. Of course, buyers remorse if the pick turns into stud.

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post
              Maybe​ teams have interest because they don't expect a steep asking price...

Folks including on this board, until the Flyers landed the 2, insisted this was a bad draft..
              Even before we won the #2 pick, i don't think anyone on this board (or else where) had anything negative to say about the top 2 kids (maybe even top 5). If there was any hint of negativity, it was because there are not sure shot franchise players that will carry their teams for the next decade plus.

I'd love to see examples of names behind the cap friendly top 6/9 forward and mid-level (or better) prospect. Anth...not asking you to give names....just would love to see real packages (assuming we'll hear about some from our buddy Ek).

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post

Even before we won the #2 pick, i don't think anyone on this board (or else where) had anything negative to say about the top 2 kids (maybe even top 5). If there was any hint of negativity, it was because there are not sure shot franchise players that will carry their teams for the next decade plus.

I'd love to see examples of names behind the cap friendly top 6/9 forward and mid-level (or better) prospect. Anth...not asking you to give names....just would love to see real packages (assuming we'll hear about some from our buddy Ek).
                LV would be a very interesting destination. They are likely to pick up the necessary pieces (those referred to by Rev) in the expansion draft plus I can see them wanting to make a big splash to add a centerpiece 18 year old. Their firsts the next several years will be quite valuable but they will also have a tremendous demand for quantity picks (and we have plenty to play with in this draft and no shortage going forward).
                "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Originally posted by swami24 View Post
                  So again, it is a bit of a nebulous question, but what would be a worthy package? 13 or 14 teams interrviewed each of these guys. That is 13 possible packages. What would it take from Colo at 4, or a team in the 8 to 11 range, like set, buff or La?
                  hard to say...and the salary cap has to figure into things as well....let me propose this:

what would it have cost Hextall to secure the #1 pick last season and grab Matthews? speculate....

Comment

Originally posted by ELab2 View Post

LV would be a very interesting destination. They are likely to pick up the necessary pieces (those referred to by Rev) in the expansion draft plus I can see them wanting to make a big splash to add a centerpiece 18 year old. Their firsts the next several years will be quite valuable but they will also have a tremendous demand for quantity picks (and we have plenty to play with in this draft and no shortage going forward).
                    If Vegas deals multiple #1 for this year's #2, i'd be all over that. IMO, that would be a BIG mistake for any expansion team.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post

If Vegas deals multiple #1 for this year's #2, i'd be all over that. IMO, that would be a BIG mistake for any expansion team.
                      The only justifications I could see are wanting the instant pop of Patrick/Hischier and also getting other picks in the process. Building a farm system out of nothing makes 3-7th round picks much more valuable to LV than other teams.
                      "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Working...
                      X