• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am hoping a 2 and/or 3 this year gets them to take MacDonald

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's Button's final rankings....he's got Hischier at #1

http://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-hisch...nking-1.772654

Interestingly, after the combines (from what I've read), it would appear that Patrick had the edge for the #1 spot.

Obviously no one knows who NJ will take, but regardless I'm good with either guy....

Call me crazy, but with Dallas shopping the #3 pick should Hexy double down and take a shot at it? If the price is right, he could walk away with Patrick and Vilardi as his two centers...

Comment

Lebrun says flyers are listening to offer on the #2 pick yet he feels they will keep it

Comment

Originally posted by Hexy's Axe View Post
          Here's Button's final rankings....he's got Hischier at #1

http://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-hisch...nking-1.772654

Interestingly, after the combines (from what I've read), it would appear that Patrick had the edge for the #1 spot.

Obviously no one knows who NJ will take, but regardless I'm good with either guy....

Call me crazy, but with Dallas shopping the #3 pick should Hexy double down and take a shot at it? If the price is right, he could walk away with Patrick and Vilardi as his two centers...
          It's worth looking into but one of Sanheim, Myers, or Ghost (zero chance we trade Provorov so I leave him out) would almost certainly need to be on the table.
          "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Originally posted by CLJ View Post
            Lebrun says flyers are listening to offer on the #2 pick yet he feels they will keep it
            i am not opposed to it..but you have to if you are trading it..get a youngish center back

Comment

Originally posted by ELab2 View Post

It's worth looking into but one of Sanheim, Myers, or Ghost (zero chance we trade Provorov so I leave him out) would almost certainly need to be on the table.
              What if they said Rubtsov + one of Sanheim, Gost, Myers or Morin for #3?

Comment

Originally posted by Hexy's Axe View Post

What if they said Rubtsov + one of Sanheim, Gost, Myers or Morin for #3?
                Morin or Myers maybe (not the other D), but I don't have a good enough feel for Rubstov after his odd season

Comment

Why are people so willing to move an EXCEPTIONAL SKATING, HARD HITTING, YOUNG, MEAN, SMART, stay at home defenceman, especially for a draft pick who may never see regular NHL action as the hype put on him on draft day?!?!?

Morin should be as untouchable as Prov.
                  "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Originally posted by Hattrix View Post
                    Why are people so willing to move an EXCEPTIONAL SKATING, HARD HITTING, YOUNG, MEAN, SMART, stay at home defenceman, especially for a draft pick who may never see regular NHL action as the hype put on him on draft day?!?!?

Morin should be as untouchable as Prov.
                    It is worth considering moving from a position of strength in order to correct a substantial deficiency. Not necessarily at any time, or in any case, but as a general rule that's what teams have to do.

Equating Morin to Provorov doesn't add up. Provorov has already proven himself to have #1 dman intelligence, physical ability, and work ethic IN THE NHL. He may or may not be a legitimate #1 at this point, but that's the real open question, not whether he's a high quality NHL dman.

Morin hasn't even proven himself to be a true #1 in the AHL. He MAY never be a successful NHL dman. I'm not saying he's a bad prospect, and I'm not saying he can't end up being top pairing dman, but at this point his NHL success is still a HUGE question mark.

In my opinion the #3 overall is going to have at least the same likelihood of succeeding in the NHL as Morin does.

Comment

Originally posted by ELab2 View Post
                      ...In my opinion the #3 overall is going to have at least the same likelihood of succeeding in the NHL as Morin does.
                      This is where I respectfully disagree. Morin is already a solid AHL player and is probably already better than a few of our current NHL players. The #3 is a kid who has even LESS question marks than Morin, therefore making him a better chance to succeed than the #3.

"Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Working...
                      X