Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flyers Apparent Interest in Drouin

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...-Buzz1/1/84952

Eklund thing, but I think it's an interesting discussion topic.

1) What would a trade for Drouin including the 2nd overall look like (if you would do it at all)?

2) What would a trade for Drouin not including the 2nd overall look like (if you would do it at all)?

As to question 1,

#2 , #44, Morin/Hagg/Myers, Marody/Vorobyov/Aube-Kubel/Laberge/Allison/Bunnaman

for

Drouin, #14

As to question 2.

Sanheim/Ghost, Marody/Vorobyov/Aube-Kubel/Laberge/Allison/Bunnaman

for

Drouin

These are steep prices to pay, but they allow the Flyers to immediately put together a very strong future forward group with (#2/#14, Drouin, Lindblom, Konecny, Rubstov) or allow them to add Drouin and make up for the loss of a good D prospect by drafting one at #2 or #14.
    Last edited by ELab2; 05-04-2017, 12:40 PM.
    "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

I wouldn't move sanheim and more for Drouin, and morin is a player we really need, but Hagg and Aube-Kubel/Laberge/Bunnaman and the 2nd for Drouin and the 14th? Quite possibly.

Comment

This is kind of interesting. It brings up a few questions for me:

How badly does TB want the #2 pick? Are they still at odds with Drouin or are they ok now? Also, what is the status of Stamkos and how does he fit into TB's future plans?

Comment

Originally posted by hellfish21 View Post
        This is kind of interesting. It brings up a few questions for me:

How badly does TB want the #2 pick? Are they still at odds with Drouin or are they ok now? Also, what is the status of Stamkos and how does he fit into TB's future plans?
        I think the basis for moving Drouin is (1) there's that history of issues (2) they have RFA's they need to sign and will be hard up against the cap and (3) they need D help.

Comment

If I read a chart right, the flyers have 13 mill in cap space next year. Ghost is a RFA, and they have at least 2 def positions to fill, plus back end forward depth. Drouin is an RfA and by all accounts will be looking a big long contract.

Comment

Originally posted by swami24 View Post
            If I read a chart right, the flyers have 13 mill in cap space next year. Ghost is a RFA, and they have at least 2 def positions to fill, plus back end forward depth. Drouin is an RfA and by all accounts will be looking a big long contract.
            We have a lot of cheap talent to fill out the lineup. Then another 8.5 opens the next year with Read and Filppula gone. But it's a fair point that unless its Ghost that gets moved, we're going to be pressed on the cap.

Comment

Is Drouin really going to end up being light years better than 1 of Hirschier/Patrick?

If TB called and said they wanted the #2 and are willing to entertain offers around Drouin, I'd talk to them. But as noted above; they're going to be tight with all the RFA's they have. I don't see how it's TB arguing from strength as opposed to us.

If Drouin really is going to be just that much better than either of the 2, I'll make the deal straight up; but my opinion is to hold the pick unless we get a king's ransom for it.
              "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

F no. Who came up with those trade ideas? Heck, Patrick or Herschier might be as good or better than Drouin straight up. And we need to add an established Dman in Gost or really good prospects like Sanheim or Haag or Myers plus additional prospects? That's insane in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by phillymac14 View Post
                  F no. Who came up with those trade ideas? Heck, Patrick or Herschier might be as good or better than Drouin straight up. And we need to add an established Dman in Gost or really good prospects like Sanheim or Haag or Myers plus additional prospects? That's insane in my book.
                  I did and you're not reading them correctly.

It's not a question of whether Drouin is better then the players available at #2. Where we trade the #2 we're also getting back the #14 and we're not giving our best D pieces. The additional prospects are the Flyers 2nd or 3rd tier forward prospects. So if you trade #2 you'll end up with something like this:

#2 + #44 + Myers + Bunnaman
                  for
                  Drouin + Tolvanen/Pettersson/Andersson/Rasmussen/Necas

If you DON'T trade #2 you end up with something like

Ghost/Sanheim + Bunnamann
                  for
                  Drouin and still get Nolan/Nico at #2

I think the pick is arguably worth less than Drouin, but its close AND I don't make a straight up trade. The aim of the trade is to add two top end forward pieces to the system before next year that's why it's keep #2 and still get Drouin or trade #2 and also get #14 back.
                  Last edited by ELab2; 05-04-2017, 12:47 PM.

Comment

There is a huge difference between the #2 and the #14 pick and Myers is a highly rated prospect. I don't like those trade ideas at all. I'd rather keep our prospects and draft the #2 overall.

Comment

Working...
                    X