Flyers Apparent Interest in Drouin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post
    I am confused...I thought Nico and Patrick were expected to be Drouin level talents...

Where's​ the upside for PHI in this trade?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    It's a way to add two high end forward talents (of course its not the only way) with one being more of a sure thing.

On the other hand, I think they're bad deals if Drouin is really looking for $6mil
    "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Originally posted by ELab2

It's a way to add two high end forward talents (of course its not the only way) with one being more of a sure thing.

On the other hand, I think they're bad deals if Drouin is really looking for $6mil
      I think banking on the 14th to be a player comparable to the bluechip level of the dprospect we'd likely have to send back is a big gamble.

Comment

I think banking on the 14th to be a player comparable to the bluechip level of the dprospect we'd likely have to send back is a big gamble.

I assume we're not getting as high a quality player at 14 (obviously you never know, but it's more likely than not the player at #2 will be better).
        "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

With the great luck of the lottery I think the chance to be able to draft a center that could potentially supplant giroux is more important than a trade involving Drouin. As far as a trade that doesn't involve the 2nd overall pick, I'd rather not trade Gostisbehere or one of the D prospects until the team gets a look at more of the prospects play in the NHL to have a better idea of what they're dealing with for asset management. Everyone will be kicking themselves a few years from now if Ghost keeps churning out 50+ point seasons for another team, Morin turns out to be a 6th Dman, Sanheim is a total bust, and Myers career gets derailed by multiple concussions before even getting to the NHL.
          Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
          Official Facebook
          Official Twitter

Comment

I'd give up the #2 and any defenseman for Drouin. He is that good. He will pack the building every night.

Comment

So if we add Drouin...how do we make the cap work...the flatlined cap??

Wayne Simmonds needs a new contract for the 2019-20 season...
              A lot of the kids will need bumps in salary too...

Drouin feels like a Veruca Salt move....

...patience is still a good thing

Comment

So if we add Drouin...how do we make the cap work...the flatlined cap??

Wayne Simmonds needs a new contract for the 2019-20 season...
                A lot of the kids will need bumps in salary too...

...patience is still a good thing
                If Simmonds shows any signs of decline in his contract year and the team is going to the playoffs it might make sense to let him walk at the end of the deal. He's going to be 31 and probably looking for a contract comparable to Lucic or even higher. His agent really didn't do him any favors having him signed through his prime at the number he's at.

Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
                Official Facebook
                Official Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by CLJ View Post
                  I'd give up the #2 and any defenseman for Drouin. He is that good. He will pack the building every night.
                  You think Drouin is going to be so far above Patrick / Hischier that you'd also give up whatever defenseman Tampa wants? Even Provorov?

No thanks, I'll roll the dice on whichever guy NJ doesn't take + the defenseman I get to keep. Tampa would gladly take a dman of their choosing the and #2 pick for Drouin.
                  Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
                  Official Facebook
                  Official Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by PinkFloydFreak87 View Post

If Simmonds shows any signs of decline in his contract year and the team is going to the playoffs it might make sense to let him walk at the end of the deal. He's going to be 31 and probably looking for a contract comparable to Lucic or even higher. His agent really didn't do him any favors having him signed through his prime at the number he's at.
                    Certainly possible, but a big if. Likely that Simmonds gets re-upped well before the contract runs it's course...

Tho it does make one wonder about the talk of trading Simmonds earlier this offseason...

Comment

So if we add Drouin...how do we make the cap work...

It would leave me Seether-ing.

Comment

Working...
                      X