Flyers Apparent Interest in Drouin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CLJ View Post
    I'd give up the #2 and any defenseman for Drouin. He is that good. He will pack the building every night.
    he might be that good..but hasn't shown it to warrant 6 million a year right now

Comment

I don't know that I see them resigning Simmonds unless he takes a substantial discount. You'd have Giroux and Voracek as two expensive vets who will be tough to move plus Schenn up the following year entering his prime; I think at that point the focus will be on making sure we have space to resign Provorov, Sanheim, and Konecny and ear marking money for the #2 overall and Lindblom.
      "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

I'm still looking to trade 2 of giroux/simmonds/voracek. This core is not getting it done. Simmonds, even tho he's the perfect flyer, might be the best trading chip. way undermarket contract, in his prime, would look good on so many contender's rosters. I would have no problem trading him if we could really maximize his trade value.

Comment

Originally posted by ELab2 View Post
          I don't know that I see them resigning Simmonds unless he takes a substantial discount. You'd have Giroux and Voracek as two expensive vets who will be tough to move plus Schenn up the following year entering his prime; I think at that point the focus will be on making sure we have space to resign Provorov, Sanheim, and Konecny and ear marking money for the #2 overall and Lindblom.
          Yep..agreed.

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post
          I'm still looking to trade 2 of giroux/simmonds/voracek. This core is not getting it done. Simmonds, even tho he's the perfect flyer, might be the best trading chip. way undermarket contract, in his prime, would look good on so many contender's rosters. I would have no problem trading him if we could really maximize his trade value.
          Simmonds back out West I'd be good with...don't want him traded in the East...he's BrindAmour with snarl...

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post

Simmonds back out West I'd be good with...don't want him traded in the East...he's BrindAmour with snarl...
            I hate the thought of trading him but he'll never have as much value as he has right now with two years left at a ridiculous cap number. And the chances of the Flyers being successful in those two years is pretty slim (although I could see the making a run in the 2nd year)
            "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Originally posted by CLJ View Post
              I'd give up the #2 and any defenseman for Drouin. He is that good. He will pack the building every night.
              He's so good he barely cracked 20 goals this year.

Look, the kid has talent, but he's far from a "pack the building" guy. Heck every Leaf rookie scored more than he did this year (Matthews, Nylander, Marner and Brown). If he's packing buildings than these cats are taking over the world...

Some guys are more hype than substance. TJ Oshie looks like a magician every time I watch him play. Then I check his stats at the end of the year and he barely pots 20.

I honesty don't think I'd even trade the #2 pick straight up for this guy...Not crapping on the guy (I know he'll be a good player for many years), but I don't get the "sell the farm" hype for the kid especially when you consider his modest production the first 3 years, the money he'll want and questionable attitude...

Comment

Taylor hall only brought Adam Larson in trade. He's a lot better than drouin.

Comment

Originally posted by swami24 View Post
                  If I read a chart right, the flyers have 13 mill in cap space next year. Ghost is a RFA, and they have at least 2 def positions to fill, plus back end forward depth. Drouin is an RfA and by all accounts will be looking a big long contract.
                  I think we need a good top 4 guy to go with provo, goat and gudas and preferably a vet who is around 30 yrs old or less, who will be around 5mil or less. Theres some intriguing guys like bieksa, alzer/carlsson/orlov, kulikov, stone, franson who could be had that fits that bill. A guy who can help or youth and provide solid minutes. We have no lack of options for 4th line forwards and look like the #2 overall will help our top 6, but not sure sanheim, hagg, morin are ready for top 4 minutes.

Drouin doesn;t help that.

Comment

Our long-term need is at C. The #2 pick can address that. Drouin can't. Just based on that alone I don't consider this move.

Comment

Originally posted by Hexy's Axe View Post

He's so good he barely cracked 20 goals this year.

Look, the kid has talent, but he's far from a "pack the building" guy. Heck every Leaf rookie scored more than he did this year (Matthews, Nylander, Marner and Brown). If he's packing buildings than these cats are taking over the world...

Some guys are more hype than substance. TJ Oshie looks like a magician every time I watch him play. Then I check his stats at the end of the year and he barely pots 20.

I honesty don't think I'd even trade the #2 pick straight up for this guy...Not crapping on the guy (I know he'll be a good player for many years), but I don't get the "sell the farm" hype for the kid especially when you consider his modest production the first 3 years, the money he'll want and questionable attitude...
                      +1

I dont see the value in making the trade. Draft another kid, add to the movement.

this team has the opportunity to be special..from the ground up in house...

Comment

Working...
                      X