No announcement yet.

Flyers Apparent Interest in Drouin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't give up the #2 or Morin, because as stated earlier, we need Morin for the physical aspect, but I would do Hagg, Laberge, and another draft pick for him. Drouin would be a beautiful fit on the first line.IMHO.

Comment

The thing is ... with the #2 and Lindblom plus a couple of other assets like Rubtsov, I'm not sure we NEED to get a player like Drouin. Nor do I think it is a good idea to give up assets to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by salzy View Post
        Taylor hall only brought Adam Larson in trade. He's a lot better than drouin.
        This is true, but in terms of Oiler needs, Larson is a far bigger impact to the Oilers than Hall was. Plus the perceived locker room issues with Hall. I like Larson and would take him over Hall any day. A top pair Dman vs a whiney forward. No contest.
        Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

if they're looking to move him, how about one of G/V/S for drouin+their 1st

Comment

Originally posted by evee1234 View Post

This is true, but in terms of Oiler needs, Larson is a far bigger impact to the Oilers than Hall was. Plus the perceived locker room issues with Hall. I like Larson and would take him over Hall any day. A top pair Dman vs a whiney forward. No contest.
            Hall didn't have an locker room issues. His "issue" that people like to bring up was that he cared too much and hated losing. The worry was if they made McDavid captain it would be an issue having 2 guys like that in the dressing room.

Also Seth Jones trade is another example of 1 for 1 top dman for 1 center/forward. We will never get that return though right now- we need to get these guys some experience in the NHL so we can see what they are before we can expect any type of decent return for them.

Comment

Originally posted by evee1234 View Post

I don't really agree but it's besides the point... all I'm saying is hall's value was a mid-level dman with some upside - so adjust down to get Drouin's value.

Comment

Drouin would be a good get if the price was right both in terms of the trade and what the contract is..but i really feel it would take more than we would want to give up to get him and he seems to want to much to sign..if you were to bring him in you have to take into account you are going to be getting a primarily offensive player that..like Jake and G..is a playmaker..while i wouldn't mind him..we really need scorers..supposedly that's what Lindblom is but i think expectations for him need to be a bit tempered some...also Rubstov is pretty much another supposed great 2 way player..

Comment

Of all the players selected in the first round of the 2013 draft , only the 28th pick to Calgary has not played in the NHL - Morgan Klimchuk. Three players have played 300+ McKinnon, Jones, Monahan. 16 have played 100+ games. 11 have 90+ NHL points. The flyers draftee has played 1 game.
                  i don't remember all the particulars yet I want to say Drouin was being projected higher than the top 2 this year - higher ceiling talent wise
                  I guess I am not sold on simply four years of hype with Morin. Again , I can't say I have seen him play much , but seems everyone else has been able to crack NHL lineups despite varying issues.

Comment

It was known and expected that Morin would take time. He was one of the younger players drafted in his draft year and D-men with his size typically take a while to fully develop. Look how long it took Chara to fully develop. You have to have patience with Morin. He has a unique skillset that the Flyers (and pretty much every team in the NHL covets) and that is size, great mobility and a mean streak. Don't give up on him ... let him develop. I think he will be on the Flyers next season and shortly after that he will be one of the most popular players on the team because of how he plays. I'm still thinking he could be a more mobile Darien Hatcher. I'll take that kind of nastiness patrolling the D zone any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by phillymac14 View Post
                      Don't give up on him ... let him develop.
                      Agree 1,000%. Thanks for communicating this message. We actually should be providing patience for all of these kids. Allow them to become the players we hope they become. Don't drill them for showing signs of inexperience. Allow them the time needed to become our New Core.

Comment

Working...
                      X